Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

Converted XX V's XXX V's Synergy 1500c

I will be buying some new skates when Im in NY in December and want to know which of the above 3 would be best converted over for Inline use? During my stay I maybe able to visit a shop, I might not and may need to go through E-puck.

Background:

Im a fairly lightly built player, 5ft-11, 75Kg. I skate 2-4 times a week on surfaces ranging from SportCourt and coated smooth cement. My past skates have been Bauer T4's, Nike Roller Daddys and atm Bauer XR's. The XR's give me atrocious pain on the ankles as they seem to sit right between the ankle padding and eyelets. Im tired of these skates and will update ASAP. I loved the Roller Daddys both fit and performance wise, but they broke down very quickly and felt more or less like wonky crap towards the end.

Direction:

What Im after obviously is something that will last at least 2 years in the rough and tumble of Inline Hockey. I love the fit and feel of Ice boots especially the XX and XXX. I tried on a pair recently in a LHS and the Vapor XX 8 seemed to fit better. Although I did think the XXX were a tad more comfy. Also curious about the Synergy as I have heard good things fit/durability wise but not so good about comfort. In particular some ppl whinging about the heel section of the carbon one piece giving them severe pain.

ive been using converted XX with a redstar alloy chassis. Ive has them for 3 years and it looks liek they could last for ever! Even tho ive changed the chassis twice already the boot is still in gr8 shape. Ive had a mate who tried the XXX for inline and they just fell apart on the rink the carbon sole which looked like it had just been glued to the bottom started to move around.

In my opinion the XX are gunna last you longer and will be cheaper then the XXX. 3 mates have got the XX converted and they are prob the best inline skate you can get!

hope that helps.

I have a pair of converted XV's with a similar outsole as the XX and they are working out for me pretty well. I've played about 2 seasons with them and they are still going strong. I haven't had any problems with durability at all playing on sport court. Have fun making your decision. How about one90s converted to roller? :D

How about one90s converted to roller? :D

Hmmmm its an interesting thought but no idea on the history of the ONE90 so far. Because its so new I wouldn't take a chance on converting it over. Even though it would look hella sexy thats for sure!

Its amazing that theres so many good reports about the XX as an inline boot. Considering how many complaints I have heard about it both on this board and locally in Melbourne as a Ice boot. I skate on Sport court and coated cement and can play some streches upto 4 times a week (twice on cement and Sportcourt.) Assuming they ironed out the longevity issues on the earlier models, I suppose it would be unlikely I would occur any major faults.

Anyone seen/tried the Synergys as a convert? The fact that they have so much carbon in them to me means they may last longer than the XX/XXX's but maybe a little less likely to perform fit wise.

PS: I was in my LHS recently trying on some XX and XXX's. I currently skate on Bauer XR's size 9's. Tried the XX in 8, they fitted like a dream! Tried the XXX in same width 8 and was cramped beyond beleif! Is this a general consensus to the size diff? Is the XXX narrower etc?

I kno that someone had problems fitting an inline chassis to the synergies (I believe it was Kovalchuk71) He was trying to fit a Labeda Sensor to it and there was a problem with the shapes of the outsole and the chassis that they didn't line up.

I am planning on going with a custom Vapor XX conversion as well. Seems very solid. For what it's worth, a few inline pro's use the configuration, too.

For what it's worth, Jouquin Chavira of the two time NARCh Pro Gold Medal Palma Cyclones is testing out our new frame on his nice old broken in XXs.

I've had a couple of pairs of them with our frame and loved them. One pair went to one of our pro players, and the other pair got snatched from our test skates at a tournament.

Highly recomended!!

I kno that someone had problems fitting an inline chassis to the synergies (I believe it was Kovalchuk71) He was trying to fit a Labeda Sensor to it and there was a problem with the shapes of the outsole and the chassis that they didn't line up.

Kovey (Jr did the job, so you can ask him) mounted Sprung frames on his boots. The front and rear mount pads are designed to fit all the new composite ice boot soles without having to bend the boot and sole .

If you pull off a XX's ice holder, the sprung chassis is exactly the same kiss. Same for CCMs, Flexlites, RBKS, etc. I haven't mounted any Eastons myself in years. They seem to be OK on them too, though.

Hum'er and Sensor did not work on the 1500 at all. Whoever has that swap done, they were forced. Sprung sat on there perfectly.

I'm doing a Sprung/S500 swap next. :ph34r:

Most likely I will be fitting a pair of Nike SE Chassis. They are from a mate's Hi Hos and in top condition.

Also Im looking at the XIX model as well atm, seems a slight less expensive and not all that diff. Can anyone give me some differences from them to the above mentioned skates? Not just what Bauer sends out as a "feature" list.

I'm using an XV (pretty much the same as the XIX) boot right now with a sensor chassis. The quarter panels on the XV/XIX are nylon like and the ones on the XX seem like they are molded out of plastic. They call it "H2 Technology". The outsoles on both boots are the same. The XX is probably a bit lighter and a bit stiffer. I've never skated on the XX boot but my team mates have and they love it. Hope that helps...

On a side note: I saw Kirk French sporting the new mission wicked light skates and they look SWEET!!!

I'm doing a Sprung/S500 swap next. :ph34r:

This is the same set up as im going for!

Hopefully it'll all turn out ok!

JR, are these frames very hard to fit? Im gettin a set of Sprung frames soon, and I'm a bit worried the LHS's over here in England Will screw it up!

Any update as to the conversion? I know this is an old thread but I am debating the same skates for my next sprung setup.

Anyone else do the XXX conversion and have problems?

just a tip, i have XX mounted with mission MG chassis... if you plan on doing a XX instead of a XXX, make sure you have a wider chassis. the MG has so many cut outs on the part where the chassis mounts onto the boot, it makes it hard to mount. the vapor XX has 2 soft cut outs which is inside the lightspeed holders (to tighten steel) that interfere with the mounting of a smaller chassis.