Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

Charity Golf Tournament

So today i got a chance to attend a local charity golf tournament at Glen Arbour here in Nova Scotia. It was a bunch of the Maritime NHLers raising money for kids hockey. I was lucky enough to caddy for a celebrity there, and to my astonishment when i arrived i found out i was caddying for Stanley Cup Champion Brad Richards. It was a great day, getting to know him. Let me tell you he is also an amazing golfer.

Also at the event, they had a pro stock dolomite up for auction. Game used by Shanny, aswell as a ST game used by Lidstrom.

I'd like to tell you, if you ever get a chance to do something like this, its a great way to get to know an NHLer and see just how down to earth some of them are. Unfortunatly i did not get any photographs as i forgot my digital cam :( But i was fortunate enough to get a Brad Richards autographed golf ball, aswell as a SOP autographed by everybody at the event. Just though i'd like to share my experience with you all.

I have one question. How the hell did Brad Richards get an autograph onto a golf ball? :angry:

With a sharpie :P Lots of people had signed golf balls. Its not really that complicated.

The course is very nice. It played host to a LPGA Womens tournament last summer, also Wayne Gretkzy golf tourney.

Oh ya forgot to mention there was a pro stock Wayne Gretzky TPS Adrenaline woody there.

I have golfed there a couple of times and ther course is very nice,

Nice green grass,

good places to hid when your sounding the air horn whike other people tee-off....lol jk yah but it is a nice course the grren are long and wide.

I worked at the Bell Celebrity Charity golf tournament last year. I didn't caddy, I worked at one of the tee-offs handing out water and such but I got to see a lot of the celebrities come through my hole. We were told not to talk to the celebrities although many of them talked to us such as Stajan, Ponikarovsky, Clyde Drexler, Marcus Allen, Joe Bowen and Harry Neale, Roberts, Niewendyk, etc. Of course there are always the assholes who think since theyre better then everyone you dont deserve the time of day (mainly Lemieux and Domi) who not only wouldnt give the volunteers the time of day, they didnt even talk to the 2 guys who spent $10 000 to charity to play with them. Most were very impressive golfers, the best probably being Clyde Drexler who had a very awkward stance because of his height but could hit the ball a ton.