Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheesehead

Group ages

im am almost completly sure that i am a 2nd year bantam. could you guys tell me the age groups (like im pretty sure its 13-14 for bantam) and the cut off date? thanks.

midget= 16,17 (18 some places) Minor Midget=15 Major Bantam=14 Minor Bantam=13 Major pewee=12 Minor peewee=11 Major Atom= 10 minor atom= 9 Novice= 7,8. Thats the age groups around here, so i assume its liek that most other places.

I'm not totally sure about the age groups here in Minnesota cause i just moved here but in Ohio they go like this...

Mini Mites- 5 and 6 year olds

Mites- 7 and 8 year olds

Squirts- 9 and 10 year olds

Peewees- 11 and 12 year olds

Bantams- 13 and 14 year olds

Midgets- 15,16,17 year olds

EXCEPT..... for the Minnkota Region (Minnesota, South & North Dakota). Minnkota got special permission about 5/6 years ago from USA Hockey to keep their original cuttoff date of July 1st. The rest of the country... USA uses Jan 1 to coicide with Hockey Canada. Minnkota kids are essentially 6 months older than the rest of the country.

I'm not totally sure about the age groups here in Minnesota cause i just moved here but in Ohio they go like this...

Mites- 7 and 8 year olds

This guy knows his stuff...

Mites- 7 and 8 year olds

Just in case any Canadians look at this....In Canada the Mini-Mites, Mites and Squirts are baseball categories. For hockey it is Tyke (5 & 6 yrs); Novice (7 & 8 yrs); and Atom (9 & 10 yrs).

Mites- 7 and 8 year olds

Just in case any Canadians look at this....In Canada the Mini-Mites, Mites and Squirts are baseball categories. For hockey it is Tyke (5 & 6 yrs); Novice (7 & 8 yrs); and Atom (9 & 10 yrs).

here is what it looks like for where I live in Canada.

untitled1.jpg