Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

Showcase Tournaments, Games etc..

Just curious on what other showcase tournaments, or games or anything like that which are scouted or heavly scouted that go on during the year, meaning from like September- January. If you guys have anything like that in your area, please feel free to post.

The spud is a great tournament, but it isnt scouted much if at all.

Yea, we played in it last year, and its not much of a Showcase tournament, more of a bigger tournament. I don't think its scouted at all.

Yea, we played in it last year, and its not much of a Showcase tournament, more of a bigger tournament. I don't think its scouted at all.

You're probably right. But how would you know? Has a scout ever talked with you?

Scouts check out all major tournaments. In fact, they rarely go to league games. They want to see players over several games to guage their consistency, and the bigger the tourney the bigger bang for their travel bucks.

The Canada Games this winter will also be heavily scouted.

One of the biggest scouted tourneys is that Hull Midget AAA one, but I've never been to it.

BTW I won the Spud as a midget waaay back in 1977!

(hockeyfalcons456 @ Aug 1 2006, 04:16 PM)

You're probably right. But how would you know? Has a scout ever talked with you?

Scouts check out all major tournaments. In fact, they rarely go to league games. They want to see players over several games to guage their consistency, and the bigger the tourney the bigger bang for their travel bucks.

One of the biggest scouted tourneys is that Hull Midget AAA one, but I've never been to it.

The hull tournament is a Major Midget tournament though, and has some of the best Major Midget players in North America playing in it. The spud is only minor midget and doesnt get scouted as much as it should, and they don't scout bantam or below much unless it is a Elite Tournament such as the Atlantic Challenge Cup which will have the best players from every province playing in it, and is heavily scouted from QMJHL scouts since its the draft year for my age group.

(hockeyfalcons456 @ Aug 1 2006, 04:16 PM)

The hull tournament is a Major Midget tournament though, and has some of the best Major Midget players in North America playing in it. The spud is only minor midget and doesnt get scouted as much as it should, and they don't scout bantam or below much unless it is a Elite Tournament such as the Atlantic Challenge Cup which will have the best players from every province playing in it, and is heavily scouted from QMJHL scouts since its the draft year for my age group.

Well thanks for edumacating me on the Spud. I see from the teams lest it is Midget Minor. There was no such thing when I played. I'm in NB now but played in NS as a youth.

I know the Atlantic Chalenge Cup is scouted. My 14yr old is trying out right now.

Well thanks for edumacating me on the Spud. I see from the teams lest it is Midget Minor. There was no such thing when I played. I'm in NB now but played in NS as a youth.

I know the Atlantic Chalenge Cup is scouted. My 14yr old is trying out right now.

So is your son in the under 15 division? I am trying out for Pei under 16, and we just had our final tryout camp last weekend.

So is your son in the under 15 division? I am trying out for Pei under 16, and we just had our final tryout camp last weekend.

Ya, final game and cuts Thursday morning.

I assume you made it? Do you have a good team?

Nope, I dont find out for about another 2 weeks or so, I had a pretty good camp but we will see what happens. The team will be alright I think but not great, Should be a good offensive team but not so sure about the D, and goaltending is good. Our under 17 team is going to be very solid though and same with the under 15's, the under 17's won the under 16's last year and should do good again , there playing against NB under 17's this weekend here at UPEI.

Nope, I dont find out for about another 2 weeks or so, I had a pretty good camp but we will see what happens. The team will be alright I think but not great, Should be a good offensive team but not so sure about the D, and goaltending is good. Our under 17 team is going to be very solid though and same with the under 15's, the under 17's won the under 16's last year and should do good again , there playing against NB under 17's this weekend here at UPEI.

I don't know about our under 17's. I saw some of the under 16's today and was not very impressed at all. Good size but generally poor skaters. Our under 15s are missing a lot of our best forwards and our best goalies for whatever reason. Our defense looks good. Overall on the small side. The camp was an awesome experience. He'll find out in three weeks.

xMenace Do you know if Devon Macausland is playing with the under 16's or under 17's, because he is a old friend of mine when he lived on Pei and haven't talked to him in alittle while. He could play under 17's for a joke.

xMenace Do you know if Devon Macausland is playing with the under 16's or under 17's, because he is a old friend of mine when he lived on Pei and haven't talked to him in alittle while. He could play under 17's for a joke.

He's still with the under 17's. Yah, everybody that has seen him play is high on him. The only negative I hear is that he has fallen behind in the size category, and I concur. It'd be real nice to see him get close to 6ft.