Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveTheWave

Level of Thorax protection?

Does the Thorax cover the ribs around the sides under the arms? Any general experience with the shirt and taking hits with it? Has anyone sustained an upper body injury with the shirt on?

New version sample i saw was much improved with better padding, although in my view of using all the Thorax/Tour code 1 & Hyper vests , the Mission is still more padded in places.

Ive never recieved any serious injuries while wearing the shirt, (touch wood), and i wear the hyper one which isnt as padded as the thorax. the new thorax is much more padded than the new one.

FYI, i play in a full contact roller hockey league, we usually play in sports halls with brick walls that arent too forgiving.

I also use it when i play ice, but theres not that much contact.

Ash you are hard core ............

You knows it!

Fancy givin me some free kit for when i go to switzerland with GB? :D

Pm me the date your flying out & if my Mission 07 samples are in you can have a few items out of the box !

Nobody has really answered the question properly yet. The Thorax that I have has very minimal padding along the shoulders, upper arms chest and back. The sides are not padded along the ribs. I wish they were. Maybe someone who has seen the newer version would know if they have addressed that issue. The older version doesn't offer that much protection. I use it for ice. Mainly to prevent bruising from cross checks an stray pucks. The foam is really soft though, so it wouldn't stand up to a shot that well. It's ultra light and fairly breathable though which is nice. I got mine for about $30 I think.

Nobody has really answered the question properly yet. The Thorax that I have has very minimal padding along the shoulders, upper arms chest and back. The sides are not padded along the ribs. I wish they were. Maybe someone who has seen the newer version would know if they have addressed that issue. The older version doesn't offer that much protection. I use it for ice. Mainly to prevent bruising from cross checks an stray pucks. The foam is really soft though, so it wouldn't stand up to a shot that well. It's ultra light and fairly breathable though which is nice. I got mine for about $30 I think.

That's really too bad. I can't use it if there's no padding on the ribs under the arms.

GB senior teams can start winning something for starters ;)

Tell me about it! The best the seniors got last year was a draw with Germany and a win against denmark i think!

GBU21's came 2nd in that seelanders tournament though.