Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cook22

vapor pads yes or no

I have a few question about goal pads. im in the market for some new one in about a price range on $500. I was checking out the vapor xx does any body know or have a probloms with them?

You can find some used pro pads for that price or cheaper. I actually have just seen a full set of Bauer Supreme Pro for $399, in really good condition.

You can find the following for around $500:

RBK 7K

Itech 7.8 vap or X-factor

TPS X-lite

TPS LG Summit

and of course the Vapor XX

Out of all of them I'd go with either TPS brand, but that is purely my opinion. Go with whatever you really like since it's your money. Search around to find out durability issues but I think at this level equipment you should be able to find everything to be pretty durable.

i'm not a huge fan of the vectors but I hear good things. The vaughns I have never seen or heard much about.

buying low priced vaughns isnt really worth the money , but if you play roller they seem ok,

why not look at RBK 5k or 7k? or the Sherwood GP Cerberus 5 .

I have looked at the rbks 5k and i hated them the one knee srtap is way to loose and i dont like the feel of the sherwoods they are too skinny its hard to balence in butterfly

I decided to go all out and give you the absolute best advice you can get. Search and ask the questions you need here. I hate linking from one forum to another but I did hear about MSH from there so I figured why not. The thread I linked you to is a review of the vector 6.0 pads. Over there they are very informed and it's a very large site that has been going on for years. You have plenty of reps and people in the buisness over there as well. I still prefer MSH but then again I skate out now instead of playing goal. Hope you can find all the help you need...

P.S. We need to get some more goalies over here to get this section active!!!

TBLFan what is ur username over on goalieboard???? i'm on there and love it better than the goalie store! but i actually found modsquadhockey by the mission ticker that said the skate won the skate of year by msh so it's pretty cool that i found this first

also i tried on a 6.0 blocker and it was amazing and lightweight but it was made overseas so i expect the pads to be the same

I'm only on GEW, GSBB, MSH(obviously), HF, HFBoards and the username is always the same... actually the avatars are the same except on HFBoards.

I found MSH through GSBB when I decided to start skating out. I just wish we could get some more goalies on here so that this section could be more active! I love talking about goalie gear as much as players gear! :D

then check out goalie board it's better than GSBB and GEW combined and ure right this section needs to be more active cuz when's there's not much people posting question about goalie gear i only go to msh for the miscellous disscusions or nhl stuff but now there's more newbies and we need to help them out now..... ;)

Ya, I'd totally ask on the goalie board. I'm actually more inclined to be there, but need some regular player stuff. SO that's why I'm here.

Most guys will tell you not to bother with entry level pads. They don't last and are mostly garbage.

$500 can get you a decent USED Senior-Pro set, if you don't mind them having seen some action.