Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ucscstangman

Mission HE950 questions

Hey whats up? I have a pair of Mission He950s that I bought a little over a year ago and I'm having problems with them. I recently switched to Labeda Dynasty wheels and noticed the back wheel on both skates won't spin. It is making contact with the inside of the chassis.

Does this mean that my chassis are bent? I took it to the shop around here and they said the frames don't look bent, and that it may just be a defect. Anyways they offered to change the chassis for a Kuzak Hi-Lo frame...is this a good choice? Its gonna cost around $100 for the chassis and mounting. Is this a good option for me?

What would you do in my situation? Its real tough to get any speed going with my back wheels not doing anything. I can't justify buying another pair of skates because of this.

Help me out!

If you didn't have the problem until you changed wheels I'd take it to a LHS and try putting different wheels in the back spot until you find one that's thin enough to spin freely and buy a couple of those- or ask to try a friend/teammates wheels and see if one of theirs works and then buy the same kind. It sounds like the Dynastys are just too thick for the back spot.

Has anyone else experienced this with the 950s?

Should I call the hockey store and have them just sand down the chassis so the wheel will fit ?? Or get the new chassis put on? Or use some different rear wheels?

I've used the same setup in the past. They are tight at first. Make sure you lightly tap in the bearing casings all the way and skate on them during practice a bit. If that fails, follow Justin's suggestion. They are great wheels IMO and well worth the extra effort to fit.

From what I recall, the stock Factory wheels were just a little bit thinner than other wheels. I had the same problem when I went to Kuzak wheels from the stock wheels. All I ended up doing was keep skating on them until they carved the wheel arc into the chassis, which in hindsight was sort of a bonehead thing to do, especially when I skated on these skates outdoor, but that's beside the point.

The Factory wheels were for sure thinner in width than "normal" replacement wheels.

UPDATE:

So I went ahead and told them to ground the chassis a bit to make the wheels work. In the process of this, the chassis was ruined and apparently not safe to skate on.

They offered to put a brand new Kuzak Hi-Lo chassis on the skates for FREE, but I feel that I am downgrading on the chassis. They said they could order me replacements from Mission but that would take a while, and I need skates to use on Tuesday night. Is this Kuzak chassis even gonna compare to the Mission one?

Damn the world! This is the only place within my area (and I drove 25 miles) and they still screwed the skates up!!!

Where should I go from here? I asked if they could mount the Kuzaks and I could use them until the new ones from Mission came in. They told me NO because then they would be paying for two sets of chassis.

Should I ask for a HUGE discount on a new pair of skates or ...?

Need some ideas and fast. Seems to me I have some bargaining power and need to get my money's worth on this transaction considering they ruined a good pair of skates.

Rob

The 9500s and 10000s are now being cleared out at most places to make room for the new Wicked line...from what I've read the 9500s and 10000's are a very big step up from the He950s. What you could do is ask for an additional discount on a new pair of 9500s or 1000s. That way you'd end up with a better skate that's brand new that comes with better wheels stock (Rink Rats).

how much did they shave off to ruin them that bad to be unsafe? I have the he 950's and had no problem putting on the dynasty wheels they were not rubbing....then when i switched to rinkrat hornets rubbed a bit so as Davethewave mentioned you have to make sure bearings in tight, they stopped rubbing.