Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nummer55

Eindhoven Club Photo

to ash : I live in Eindhoven, NL and I play for the Eindhoven Rhinos & Düsseldorf Rams in Germany

to patrick67 : I thought they have more players available in the Danish league, as well in the European Cup.

Bissendorf Panters are a fusion club between the old Hannover Hurricanes and the Bissendorf Panters. I thought the best 8 players from hurricanes and the best 8 of Bissendorf are playing in this team.. Rumour around the league is that they have a proffesional coach, which takes care of all the teams involved in the club. That is probably the reason why they are one of the favourites this year.. Keep a close look on the ishd website ( www.ishd.de ) because the the northern Bundesliga will be decided on the last playing day where Duisburg and Bissendorf will meet. Earlier this season they played 5-5 in Duisburg.

There are some teams who have a sportscourt hockey floor ( kaarst has one in their traininghall, and Uedesheim has one as well ) Mostly they play in these gym halls. These floors are pretty good as well, and I think they are just as fast as sportscourt.

It is true that it is full contact, but fighting is not allowed and I thought there was a penalty of 2 to 5 games not playing + a fine has to be payed to the federation.

Man, Thats the cardiff panthers!

We played them in a final last season to win out league. We pulled our keeper twice to bring it level and take it to over time! Then we won the over time 1-0.

Have you played against the borehamwood crusaders?

Matt: I dunno how many they were when you saw them, but they aren't that many in general + their outdoor pitch is a joke. It's like playing on a parking lot...

But here is a video clip (lousy quality) from the European Men's Cup in Essen.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=16...=vesterbrostarz

Do you play for vesterbro starz because i recall you saying you did?

Nope. But one of my friends that plays for their team has.

5-1 last year in Switzerland I've been told.

28tz: The guy I know from their team, Oliver, has been on MSH sometimes through my account, probably him your thinking of.

Found this clip as well, has to be the most obvious diving call ever!!! :lol:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=44...=vesterbrostarz

Nope. But one of my friends that plays for their team has.

5-1 last year in Switzerland I've been told.

28tz: The guy I know from their team, Oliver, has been on MSH sometimes through my account, probably him your thinking of.

Found this clip as well, has to be the most obvious diving call ever!!! :lol:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=44...=vesterbrostarz

Haha if you watch, it looks like he trips over his own stick that he dropped! :P

Matt: I dunno how many they were when you saw them, but they aren't that many in general + their outdoor pitch is a joke. It's like playing on a parking lot...

true about their outdoor facility I was told that they have to remove the nets out of the goal for every training or game.. otherwise they would be stolen.. Ghetto-hockey !

When I played them they had about 10 people or so.. Should be enough for a tournament, becease you only play like 20-minute games.

There is a tournament for the first time this weekend called the Champions of Champions here in England which is for the winners and runners up of the nationals finals of each association but the thing is that it is a puck tournament and the winners of the ball finals, the london street warriors and the runnners up, the hornets are at a massive disadvantage from the other teams as there is only one ball association in the country. But having said that, the hornets also play in a puck league so its not so bad for them, but the warriors only play ball and are the only team in the tournament who dont play puck. The other teams who are in the tournament all play puck leagues and qualified through winning puck national finals. Do any of you guys have this sort of tournament in your country where there are both ball and puck associations?

28tz: This list is accumalated from results based on the last 4 European Men's cup's.

Remember you have to qualify, and compete at the Euro Cup to even (have a chance to) get points. The older your placement is, the less point it's worth (e.g. 1st place in 06 is worth more than 1st place in 05, etc..)

1. Vesterbro Starz (DK) 307,93 (03-2nd 04-1st 05-5th 06-1st)

2. Duisburg Ducks (DE) 288,61 (03-3rd 04-2nd 05-1st 06-5th)

3. La Tour (CH) 284,60 (03-1st 04-4th 05-4 06-2nd)

4. Copenhagen Vikings (DK) 204,32 (03-4th 04-7th 05-3rd 06-9th)

5. Hallemshire Hornets (UK) 148,49 (03-dnp 04-3rd 05-9th 06-8th)

6. Pregasona/Lugano Rangers (CH) 116,25

7. Rossemaison (CH) 109,17

8. Undesheim Chiefs (DE) 87,50

9. HC Køln West (DE) 83,75

10. Courroux Wolfies (CH) 82,53

The list was made to see how the Danish teams had fared in Europe the last 4 years.

Sorry to bump and old topic but i thought it would be interesting after seeing the top teams in europe to see who people think are the top ball players in europe?

Greatness should be measuared in trophy's, not points from a single event where alot of the best players didn't even compete.

e.g. a guy like Pascal Posche from Samurai Isherlohn, or Emanuelle Weiss from Switzerland is better than #1 on that list!

And a national title in e.g. Holland/Denmark can't stack up to a national title in Germany, so it should be based on performances at the European Cup at least, since it requires your among the premium players from your country, and then have to beat the best from the other countries.

It's easier to just state who you think is the best from your own country.

Edit: You said top players, not the top players. I apologize.

It's true what you said... however the teams consisted out of the best players per country, selected by national team coaches.. I think it is safe to say that they know the game good enough..

If a players greatness should be measured in just trophies and titles I should disagree. Should a fourth line player in a stanley cup winning team be better as a first line player who has never won anything ??

Pascal poerscke is a different story, because he was held out of the German national team because of disiplinairy reasons.. And I think attitude towards anything involved in the game we love, should also be measured as tough as e.g trophies, and points. That makes greatness in my eyes.

And Emanuelle Weiss is probably the best defence in the game.. I do not understand why he was not there..

Him and Rigolet were held out (also) for disciplinary reasons.

But GB was missing alot of their best players, and there was not a single Danish player on the fielded team that would be on the "real" national team.

From what I can understand both countries have player disagreements with the national coaches.

Anyways, my list (based on whoem I've played and seen) would probably be like:

GB: Skelding (Hallamshire) or one of the Tanner Bro's (Street Warriors)

NL: think I saw the #1 from your list in Essen, but haven't played against him.

CH: Weiss(Seelanders), Defensemen from Courroux, Luga Racci(Lugano), Bronze (La Tour), Rigolet when he isn't overweight (La Tour).

Germany: S.Wilson, Bak, Schmitz (Ducks), Hahnemann (Bissendorf), Komor (Chiefs), Jacobs & Posche (Isherlohn), #28 from Essen, David Weisheit (Köln), like Esser from Düsseldorf as well but thats more my own PP.

Austria: #55 from Leopolds, awesome player appearantly plays Icehockey in Czech national league, borrowed player, wasn't even Austrian.

Polen: Dunno

DK: Biased, but #28 Sinding from Vikings is very good. #17 from Starz is good too.

As a side note, that whole Isherlohn team is wack, they have some of the most skilled players in Germany, but also the worst attitude I've ever seen. Whole team is a bunch of Prima-Donnas, amazing to have so many ego's on the same team, either they dominate or self-destruct.

Marco Esser is on my team in Düsseldorf.. Kid has an awesome stickhandling.. Only disadvantage is that he keeps the ball for way too long on his stick, and sometimes loses the ball in his own end..

That number one from that list is Stefan Collard.. also a very good player, but he is getting older and older.. still a very good player.. He played in the relegation round so that is probably a reason why he had so many points.

Weiss came from another team in Switzerland.. I don't know where he came from. Still a player who can dominate the game at any moment.. but only if he feels like dominating..

Bak is also getting old.. I also think he is more of a goal scorer.. My vote for best German player goes to Patrick Smitz. He is the best playmaker and I think he is responsible of at least 2/3 of the goals Marcus Bak has scored. Wilson is really strong in the set-up of a play.

Denmark had a pretty weak team.. however it is said every year that they can't show up with their best team.. I wonder how their best team looks like, simply because I've never seen them.. Vesterbro was pretty ok at this years Rams Cup.

Poland does not have any good players as far as I think..

By the way, please tell me where you are playing.. would be fun to meet at some kind of tournament..