Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzza_77

Which stick?

Hey, I am in the market for a new stick. I play inline. First question which combination should I get? should I get an OPS? Shaft and blade combo? wooden? then which model? which brand? I want a stick that won't break easily. That is my main concern. I play mainly on polished floorboards and on polished cement around 10 times a year. It is really important for the stick to perform well on the polished cement floor, as that is the competitions. Which stick?

Remember I am from Australia, so gear isn't as cheap as chips over here

Thanks

Muzza

P.S. Sorry about posting all these 'which equipment' topics, it is just that time of year when stuff is breaking.

If your looking for a durabilty stick then I would suggest the CCM 110. And since your in Aulstralia and its more expensive, well its a lower priced OPS since its old.

Ive had two and they are really hard to break. The blade is especially tough, and since your playing on some cement floors it should be handy.

I would also suggest something like a CCM Vector 110. While they aren't the highest end stick, they will give you better durability on a concrete floor. Also, if you could find any Innovative OPS or blades, (which will probably be though as they are hard to find) those held up great for me when I played on smooth concrete. I would stay away from any of the higher end OPS for playing on a concrete floor.

And hey theres nothing wrong with going with a wood stick too.

A certain blade is made for like concrete and rough surfaces. I know the "Easton Abs" I think is the stick worked great for all those years playing out on the streets. Its not heavy eathier.

The CCM Vector 110, guess how much it is?..come on guess

$399!!!!!!

I am like aarrggghhh. So now my options are down to shaft and blade combo or wood and I don't think that the Easton One will work that well for inline. What is the best wood stick out there? It is possible to perform at high levels with a wooden stick as it is the player inside the gear and not the gear that makes a player good? I will be using this stick for state inline and probably national inline.

Just a bit of history about my breakage of sticks. In my time I have owned three sticks and broken 1 of them. The one I broke was a Nike Zytel, a heavy log. This was cheap as and I used it in the back yard to practice shot against a wall. I broke this during a slapshot. My main stick right now is a Montreal Magnum 9944C X, this hasn't broke I have had it for around 7 months, though the blade is showing wear as I have started to use slap and snap shots more. I weigh around 70kg so i am not that heavy.

it's not cheap but i would go with any stick from TPS that uses the NX10 carbon. those sticks are light as hell and are tanks.

I'd go with a tapered shaft/blade combo, as many have suggested to people not quite sure what they want at the time. You can get the performance of a one piece with the ability to swap blades for curve or when it wears down. Tapered combos also give you the option of a wood blade.

The TPS R2XN10 shaft is a tank! I had an XN10 shaft (pulled the blade out of an XN10) and it was amazing..... until some guy landed full force on it and it snapped in half.

But that was a very uncommon thing so I still agree with the durability being great.

You should just put up a thread in the Buy section on here instead of buying it somewhere in your country.

And if your going to go with a shaft and blade combo it will be expensive too. Usually a shaft and blade combo are just as expensive as a ops. (older models like vector 110)

Although going with a shaft and blade combo might be best for you because it sounds like you dont break the stick but playing on concrete might do damage to the blades.

Im sure you could get some Tapered shafts around the site pretty cheap.

I play inline too and I have used everything from a warrior dolomite to wood sticks. I found that the best stick I had was a broken stealth shaft that I got off ebay for only a few bucks with a wood synthesis blade in it. I thought it gave me great feel for the ball. So if I was you I would see what high end broken shaft I could get online or where ever and put a wood synthesis in it.

I would suggest a z-bubble shaft ($80 @ inline warehouse) and ccm v40 blades (about $25). these are about the best inline blades currently made. I ordered an ak27 shaft to compare with my z-bubble, but have not received it yet.

I would suggest a z-bubble shaft ($80 @ inline warehouse) and ccm v40 blades (about $25). these are about the best inline blades currently made. I ordered an ak27 shaft to compare with my z-bubble, but have not received it yet.

I second the CCM V40 blade. I have a Recchi and am very, very impressed with both feel and durability. I have it on an Easton Ultralite though which has always had the reputation of being a tank. It takes me 2-3 years to break one of these shafts. We aren't very hard on sticks over here though. Come to think of it, I do most of the slashing. :D

I play on both polished concrete and sport court and I have found that the combo of a TPS Rubber shaft and CCM blades works very well. CCM Heat blades are the cheapest option, but they do not last as long as the Vector series. I have had my Rubbers for over a year each and though they are nicked and the graphics are worn off they have outlasted most of my teamates easton sticks. Basically I would say find a reasonably priced shaft that feels good to you and try to find a blade made of either carbon or abs. Wood will splinter quickly on concrete, but it is the cheapest option. Try to avoid foam cores as well because they do the same thing wood does on concrete.

P.S. I have snapped two 100 flex Ultralight shafts on slapshots. Both snapped at my bottom hand.

tps rubbers are heavy! I got my warrior ak27, it feels like an ultraite(concave) but has the performance of a z-bubble. it's a little heavier than a z- bubble, but still light, I would suggest either of these; and I stand by the v40 blades.