Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaptainZbubble

Bearing size?

On my bauer 20-70's the bearing size is abec 5. on all of the site's I visit they

have abec 7,5,9 and 3. can some one tell me what the differance is and

the advantages? also, if i where to buy a set of rink rats, would i need a different

bearing set? If so, what is recomended?

Thanks,

CaptainZbubble

no it does not.... the ABEC rating determines how smooth the bearings are. It has nothing to do with the diameter of the bearing. THe higher the #, the smoother the ride will be. id u get a set of rats, u wont need new bearings. i use titanium BSB bearings and i love them. Need cleaning pretty often, but they are nice. i would stick to the abec 5's right now and when they break, go for a higher set. heres some more info.....

http://homepage.mac.com/slowyo/abec.htm

http://members.aol.com/parksiderh/info.htm

hope this helps :D

Thanks kovalchuk71, so how do i find the correct size for my skate's

if i where to buy new bearings? is it one size fits all? what do the numbers

like 608 and 688 mean/stand for?

CaptainZbubble

no it does not.... the ABEC rating determines how smooth the bearings are.

umm...wouldnt the bearings being smooth have to do with the spin.

Thanks kovalchuk71, so how do i find the correct size for my skate's

if i where to buy new bearings? is it one size fits all? what do the numbers

like 608 and 688 mean/stand for?

CaptainZbubble

608 is standard and 688 and mini

608 is standard size 688 is mini-bearing

The mini's are kind've fading out and I didn't see any advantages to them other than weight which was extremely minimal. I'd definately go with the 608's if you decide to grab a new pair.

The Mission 688 set I got over a year ago is still the best spinning and smoothest riding set of bearings I've owned. I've also never had to clean them. I'll be bummed when I have to ditch them beacuse I can't get mini hub wheels anymore.

The Mission 688 set I got over a year ago is still the best spinning and smoothest riding set of bearings I've owned. I've also never had to clean them. I'll be bummed when I have to ditch them beacuse I can't get mini hub wheels anymore.

are those the wicked spins or whatever that have been clearanced here and there for like $20usd?

I think so. They came in a blue tin and the bearing themselves have blue covers. I've seen a coupel different version and mine are Abec 5's I believe.