Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Innovative 1100

Stick Cosmetic Characteristics:

The style of the stick is identical to the 1100 shaft with a graphite blade “fused†onto the shaft. The way the blade is fused is different than an Easton SyNergy in that it has a short hosel (about ½ inch) that is cemented into the shaft.

The blade is a lefty and the pattern is a “YP-100†(similar to the Easton Drury retail)

The flex is about a 90.

Performance

Performance has been measured against the following categories:

Weight:

The weight of the 1100 OPS is similar to a Synergy. It is much lighter than a Busch balance but a tad heavier than the TPS Response and Mission M-1.

The M-1 and Response are to light for my tastes. This makes these two OPS seem underpowered.

Balance:

Absolutely PERFECT, the best of all the OPS by far.

Puck Feel:

Much better than the SyNergy. You can feel the puck right on your fingertips when receiving a pass and stick handling. The puck does not jump as drastically as it does with other OPS.

I assume the SI Core will be similar but I will have to try it out.

Release and Power:

Slapshots are the same with most OPS sticks. This one is no different. The main difference is in snap and wrist shots. I found the performance to be very similar to the Synergy in this category.

Durability

A rock. I have used it a dozen time with no cracks or chips.

Product: Inno Fused 1100/Kaberle Pro / 250ish/ left-handed

My Stats: 5’11, 190lbs

Blade - This was my first Innovative stick let alone OPS. The blade was extremely stiff, great curve, would've liked a little more of a round toe, but the blade was great. (7.5/8)

Flex – I generally use the 110 (or comparable) flex, so the added whip I get from the shaft is nice. However it does feel like a 90 flex rather than a 100, but it has a great kick. Also I was unable to check the actual flex, I've just been told that it is around this. 8/10

(personal preference)

Stick handling/receiving passes – I’ve used Graphite blades in my sticks for the better part of my hockey career, so I rarely notice a “lack of feeling” in my blades. This was this sticks best feature. The blade had tremendous feel, the lie and curve were exceptional. I was extremely uninformed when I had gotten this stick, but the feel was tremendous and the passing did not bounce off at all. Although I rarely feel a lack of feeling in sticks, I notive an increase with this stick. 9.5/10

Shooting – I liked the kick on the Inno it was the first time I had used a stick this short, I figured Kaberle is my height so I'd give it a shot. This was good for slapshots and snapshots, but wristers were a bit lacking. 8/10

Weight and balance – This stick was incredible well balanced. Although I've took alot of flak for saying it, it did weigh less than the Prototype Xn10 I had. 9/10

Durability – I got the stick from the ACC so I'm not sure how much Kaberle actually used it, but nothing seemed used at all to be honest. Blade was perfect, shaft felt and looked untouched. This stick broke about a month into my use. I was extremely dissappointed because I got a very small chip in the tenon and then that exploded my next ice time, first shot. I have seen similar chips which didn't effect the stick at all. This was right where the stick was fused together. I am fairly heavy on sticks though. 8/10

Intangibles – The balance and blade are what set this stick apart. It feels lighter than it really is and gives great puck feel.

Conclusion, I am pleased with this stick. Not the best OPS I've ever used, but I will give this and other Inno's a try again. I'd rank it maybe 2nd behind the Xn10 of my favourite sticks of all time. This stick just gave me a better feeling than the XX which many find comparable. Overall – 8.8/10