Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SickLife

carpal tunnel anyone?

i have both carpal & cubital(sp) tunnel in my right wrist/hand. & carpal in my left. i'm still pretty productive because my speed, but i have a really hard time taking anything but wrist shots anymore because i can't grip the stick with my right hand very hard.

i'm going for an emg today & some xray's next week. but i really don't want to cut back on my playing & all.

anyone have similar problems?

Between hockey and my computer nerdness.. I managed to get it in my right wrist.

I also have something else where my right joint on my right hand gets out of place. I have to lay my hand on a desk and use my elbow to pop it back in or it starts swelling.

Between hockey, being a software engineer, and playing bass in bands for years, I have cubital tunnel in both arms, occasional issues with the carpel tunnels, and tennis elbow in both arms. They are repetitive motion issues, refusing to back off on the work load will make them worse and possibly they will become chronic (ie. they will never go away).

Rest, ice, anti-inflamatories, and whatever your doc tells you. They don't do a whole lot about it other then rest and some light PT.

Between hockey, being a software engineer, and playing bass in bands for years, I have cubital tunnel in both arms, occasional issues with the carpel tunnels, and tennis elbow in both arms. They are repetitive motion issues, refusing to back off on the work load will make them worse and possibly they will become chronic (ie. they will never go away).

Rest, ice, anti-inflamatories, and whatever your doc tells you. They don't do a whole lot about it other then rest and some light PT.

yeah man. that's pretty much me. working IT on the computer 8-10 hours a day, playing hockey 4-5 times a week. & i'm a pretty much full time guitarist playing gig's & recording.

i got a script for some anti-inflamatory today. so i guess we'll see how that goes. thanks.