Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyprlte

get in shape FAST!

so apparently i have a week or so to get ready for a training camp.. i just found out today, whats are the best things to do to get on my best game asap?

apparently not... lol should i do weights aswell or should i just focus on cardio?

Cardio, mostly. If you want, you can do some LIGHT lifting, but just to condition your muscles for work - don't fool yourself into thinking that you're going to build anything in a week.

*Edited to emphasize LIGHT*

Get on the ice everyday in addition to running. Get your skating legs back.

Exactly - you can get your lungs by running, but skating muscles are much different than running muscles.

"hello, training camp opens in one week and I am SCREWED"

Seriously though, it takes time to build anything lifting weights. About all you can do is cardio, more cardio, more cardio, and get lots of sleep.

1) you're not going to be ready to play in 1 week

2) If you try, you're going to end up losing muscle mass.

3) Do your best with what you can do with the time you have, it sounds likely in training camp they're going to skate/run you into the ground. I doubt it will do you much good going into camp tired.

Get out on a track and do some 300 meter shuffles (20 meters down and back 14 times and end on the other side) on about a 2:1 rest work ratio.

Work on your explosive starts doing some acceleration drills on the track.

Take care of yourself, eat right, do some soft tissue quality work if you're familiar with it. It isn't worth going balls to the wall now unless you think you're going to get cut.

Anythings better than nothing. I wasnt planning on playing competitive hockey this year, but decided to try out at the last minute, and couldnt believe how out of shape i had gotten in not that long of time.