Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gokings55

Wicked 1's in stock

the huge price tagon the original wicked lights is the reason i couldnt get them back in the day. but if i asked now, i could probably get them.

i remember when my dad hated to get me skates over 100$, and now we are spending like 300 for some grafs!

and also, composite sticks, the original synergys were like 150, and even they have increased.

over time everything will have an increased price.

So I see the new skates and gloves in stores but when will we see some pants hit the stores? I liked in the features on missions site is said "New Lower Price" but either way I need some new pants, So when will they hit stores?

I'm thinking of either going with this years Wicked Lite 3s or last years Helium 9500 because epuck and hockeygiant have pretty good deals on last years models. Also, I would probably wait until spring to order either one as roller hockey isn't a priority for me in the winter. Which would be a better choice, this years Mission models or last?

I'm thinking of either going with this years Wicked Lite 3s or last years Helium 9500 because epuck and hockeygiant have pretty good deals on last years models. Also, I would probably wait until spring to order either one as roller hockey isn't a priority for me in the winter. Which would be a better choice, this years Mission models or last?

I had the 9500s and I'm getting the Wicked 3s this week. I'll be happy to give you an honest review when they come to help you make a decision.

I was looking at the Mission 10ks recently with the new lower prices, but to be honest, one of the things I didn't care for on that model (and all models in 2006) was the eyelet configuration. If you noticed the 2006 models had a funky top 3 eyelets, the middle of the two is outward more than the other two... Don't really know if this would affect me much being I usually stop one eye short from the top, but still kinda bothered me in a design stand point. The New Wicked 1's look 10 times better in both design and construction. I noticed they fixed the eyelet thing too. I will more than likely be getting a pair of these myself after I read some feedback... Don't really want to buy some skates that will implode on themselves like the he950's. Can't wait to read some reviews!

im also going to be getting the wicked 3s soon.. ill give a review if youd like also just so you can go by what 2 people say. By the way #96.. thats homo larry on your avitar isnt it!!

I'm really curious if the new wheel setup makes a big difference before I make my next skate purchase. Trying to decide if I should get the 9500's on sale or the wicked 5's.

im also going to be getting the wicked 3s soon.. ill give a review if youd like also just so you can go by what 2 people say. By the way #96.. thats homo larry on your avitar isnt it!!

That it is! He sits a couple rows over from our seats. He's a legend...

hahah i think im sitting 1 or 2 sections over to the left of him for like 4 or 5 games.. the best was when they put him on the big screen and he danced..

sorry to steal the topic.. back to the wickeds!

hahah i think im sitting 1 or 2 sections over to the left of him for like 4 or 5 games.. the best was when they put him on the big screen and he danced..

sorry to steal the topic.. back to the wickeds!

I'm in 409, 2nd to last row. I think Larry sits in 407 or 406, lower towards the railing though. He's my friend on Myspace too, always sends out Rangers bulletins and videos.

Back to the Wickeds...I was interested in these because I kinda like the all 80 setup of the Tours, but I definitely feel like I lost a bit of agility and that quick first step. I'm hoping a return to hi-lo, but with bigger 76 wheels will get that effect back.

I ordered a pair of Wicked 5s just for the heck of it. I'll see how they stack up against the 8Ks. I'm intrigued by the wheel setup and I'm a sucker for new skates.

I ordered a pair of Wicked 5s just for the heck of it. I'll see how they stack up against the 8Ks. I'm intrigued by the wheel setup and I'm a sucker for new skates.

You're sucker for anything new...don't you have brand new pairs of 7500s and Easton ice skates? Haha.

You're sucker for anything new...don't you have brand new pairs of 7500s and Easton ice skates? Haha.

Yeah, I know. I actually got rid of the Easton ice skates. Still have the 7500s though. Hopefully I'll use these for a while.

Yes, the tongues are longer than most tongues I've seen on skates. Not obscenely long, and they aren't thick so they don't get in the way.

correct.. its a floppy type of tongue so you can fold over the tongue almost like a kovalev type of deal.. completely different then the 10k's and the 9500s tongue

wicked 1's...........

they feel pretty good on me now (finally). I was playing tonight and the speed is retarded (meaning really good). i keep my skates pretty loose and i fold the tongue over like you guys were discussing and it feels really good. the stock wheels are very good. im stopping quicker than many others with these. the lightweight boot is making for tremendously quick redirection. i can now stop like a normal roller hockey stop then bring up the boot just a tad and it quickly grips the surface and full on stops you. the wheels combined with the weight allows you to explode from a dead stop.

i would definately reccomend these to anyone, just be aware the early stages are gonna be freakin' painful.

the 80 80 76 76 is a great addition. when your sprinting on the rink you can stay real low and not feel like you're too much on your toes.

this reply is definately a 180 from my original post with all my complaining :)

hope that helps anyone to make up their mind

i find the tongue non-intrusive. you can fold it or whatever. just played ironman tonight and the 1's are sick. :) glad i got them. still gaining confidence in their performance, but the stock rink rats grip very nicely.

I think I saw what was the new Tour skate at a Topcat tourney last weekend. They looked pretty sick. I only saw them from the glass on my way out, but I think that is what they were.

Anyone else seen or heard of these?

This is my first post here. I have read, but decided to join in.