Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Datsyukiandeek

Second broken chassis in 6 months..

Earlier this summer I bought a pair of HE5550s brand new. About a month later the chassis cracked after I took a shot off of it.

Pic of first break(around July):

bf1fa484.jpg

Mission replaced it for free because it was still under warranty, can't complain right?

Well flashfoward to last night. I took my skate off after my game, just to check out how the new wheels were wearing and I see a crack in the exact same place.

Second break:

DSCF0741.jpg

These are compleletly new skates, not a repaired chassis completely new.

I was going to replace the chassis on these skates anway because roller hockey is wraping up for the winter but this is just annoying. Two sets of skates in 6 months seems pretty unreal considering I play 1-2 times a week at most. I weigh 210lbs and I rarely "hockey stop".

Last time i'll buy Mission's for sure.

Same thing happened to my 7500's. Talk to Justin1933, the senior product manager for Mission hockey. He set me up with a number to call and I would have to talk to people through there. Its not a for sure refund but they say that thats not supposed to happen. I guess I was to heavy for that skate, I went up to the 9500 skate and it works perfectly. Theres more support on the higher end models chasis.

If 210lbs is too heavy for the skate then they should make that obvious. I think it has more to do with mission cutting away at the structure of the skate to make it "lighter" then the competiton then the overall weight of the player.

I was going to change these chassis' out for sprung chassises but its just the idea.. 2 broken chassis, the first chassis couldn't fit 80s in the back either, not a very good track record in my book.

Last year I used Mission Helium 350s and they held up better then the 5550s, although the boot eventually seperated from the chassis. :(

We will replace this with a new skate for sure...Ask for the model up, since this is your second pair.

Justin

It took Hockeymonkey 2 1/2 months to replace my last pair, which would mean I lose a pair of skates for the rest of the season. I would love a new pair but the time it takes to get new ones, plus break in time it sort of defeats the purpose.

Then just take them back after your season

Can I actually just send them back to Mission instead of dealing with Hockeymonkey? Ive got the original reciept and everything, and hockeymonkey doesn't have my size anyway so they would have to get them from mission.

Thanks

Higher end skate has higher end chassis, which will in turn hold up longer, especially for bigger guys like me and yourself, especially. Even without stopping, the sheer (sp?) strain that you place on the chassis when you try to get leverage will snap something like that.

Higher end skate has higher end chassis, which will in turn hold up longer, especially for bigger guys like me and yourself, especially. Even without stopping, the sheer (sp?) strain that you place on the chassis when you try to get leverage will snap something like that.

Well I always considered a $200-$250 skate to be high end. You shouldn't have to spend $500 on the highest end skate to get a quality product.

One of my friends just had that happen to his 7500's. Has had them since the beginning of May.

He said he would take a digtial photo (still has the receipt too) and send it to the german online store where he bought them (no missions in LHS's around here).

Will they just tell him to contact Mission or can they actually help him?

The exact same thing happened to my 7500s but then i got the 9500s and they seem alot better.

Did Mission upgrade you or did you just shell out more cash for the 9500s? An upgrade would be amazing but 5550s and 7500s have the exact same chassis so it would be pointless.

Maybe I can trade up for a pair of Wicked 1s :lol:

Higher end skate has higher end chassis, which will in turn hold up longer, especially for bigger guys like me and yourself, especially.  Even without stopping, the sheer (sp?) strain that you place on the chassis when you try to get leverage will snap something like that.

Well I always considered a $200-$250 skate to be high end. You shouldn't have to spend $500 on the highest end skate to get a quality product.

NEVER pay full price! $500 is quite rediculous, even with inflation, but that price is there because people with money will buy the products that are the best, regardless of price.

I always wait for the clearance... Last year's top model is definitely higher end than this year's 3rd model, so why not, right?

And of course, if skates are breaking, maybe higher quality materials are needed.

The exact same thing happened to my 7500s but then i got the 9500s and they seem alot better.

Did Mission upgrade you or did you just shell out more cash for the 9500s? An upgrade would be amazing but 5550s and 7500s have the exact same chassis so it would be pointless.

Maybe I can trade up for a pair of Wicked 1s :lol:

I never got them warranted as im in the UK and sending them to mission and the cost for them to ship them back was very expensive, plus i needed a pair of skates quickly after the 7500s broke.