Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clboy

Looking for a durable stick for roller

I tried searching and the only thread was about the OPS.

I'm 6' about 220lbs and just recently I blew up my Easton Comp 7(100 Flex) the Comp 7 is a black Easton Graphite that is supposedly filament wound, you can see the weaving pattern of the fibreglass/graphite/whatever that is under the clear coat and as it is actually broken the layers can be seen running diagonally across the shaft, actually this is the second one that has broken right in the middle, both instances it broke when I collided with another player.

The first instance I took a shot and on the follow through I got stuck between two guys skating out at me.

The second instance, I was racing to clear a puck out of the zone and the opposing player and I hit the puck at about the same time almost head on, the puck left the zone but my stick snapped again.

Anyways I am looking for a more durable shaft that this, I also have a Z bubble (110 Flex) and am having the most difficult time shooting the puck. I would say I’m a defensemen of intermediate skill, I’m looking for shaft that will be more durable and a little easier to shoot with than the z bubble (from browsing the other forums I’ve read the z bubble is pretty brittle) Also I’m not too certain about whether or not a tapered shaft will be better for me or not.

Thanks

Alvin

*Oops my bad meant shaft instead of blade*

A tapered blade is only going to fit into a tapered shaft, an easton synthesis or tps R2 for example. Your z-bubble is a standard shaft. As far as durability goes. The easton ultra lite is a tank, as are the innovative 1100 and novius. I've used all three, and the novius is my personal favorite. You can get it in a standard or tapered design. The tapered shaft generally gives you better velocity and feel for the puck, but the shafts are usually a little more expensive, and blades are sometimes hard to come by .

Depends on how much you want to spend. A tri-core in R flex would be a nice choice, as would many shafts from other brands like the Mission M-2 or Easton ultralight. Tapered shafts are nice but it can be a pain finding blades.

The TPS Rubber shaft's supposed to be a total tank in terms of durability, and Epuck.com's currently selling them for $49.95.

Might be worth a shot.

I'll add the Inno 1100 to Chadd's list. They are tanks yet still very light and have a great feel IMO. Also, your probably having trouble shooting with the bubble becuase it's too stiff.

Shafts that have the best durablility tends to be shafts with a coating on top wiether its apsen/cherywood or rubber as already mentioned sticks with a grip coating tends to reduce impact which makes it last much longer then a regular shaft and other materials on top of the intial graphite/kevlar also help like wood avaiable on the Tricore and Genius. I would recommend getting a standard shaft since tapered has a thin kick point which undergoes a lot of stress so it tends to snap faster then a standard shaft. I would recommend the rubber cheap but very good stick.