Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick

New Bauer/Nike skates........

Did anyone else see the new Bauer/Nike roller hockey skates on the Hockey Giant web page? The higher end pair ($219.00) with the polished chassis looks pretty cool.

My son is 11 and last winter I bought a pair of the old style Bauer H-3's size 7 from Hockey World for like $15.00. He loved them but his feet are growing so fast I went ahead and bought him a second pair of size 8 for the same price and over the summer he had to go to the size 8. He loves the higher end Bauer/Nike skates and I would like to get him a better pair for Christmas but I hate to spend a lot of money on skates he can only wear three of four months. Kids are funny he also told me that he wants skates with blue wheels. All of the other features dont seem to matter much to him as long as the wheels are blue.

Rick Henry

Hmmmm if you are talking about these....

Nike Bauer Supreme Accel-Lite Senior Inline Hockey Skates

You might want to spend your money on a package a little better. The frame is heavy, the bearings are cheap and never last plus, those wheels are just plain crap and wear out very quickly. The boot is most likely a really cheap rip of one of the lower end Bauer Ice boots available. Try a Tour or even Mission, more bang for your buck.

OR

If you feel he isn't quite at the stage for something better than this package then perhaps its not a bad fit for where he might be in his playing stages.

Hmmmm if you are talking about these....

Nike Bauer Supreme Accel-Lite Senior Inline Hockey Skates

You might want to spend your money on a package a little better. The frame is heavy, the bearings are cheap and never last plus, those wheels are just plain crap and wear out very quickly. The boot is most likely a really cheap rip of one of the lower end Bauer Ice boots available. Try a Tour or even Mission, more bang for your buck.

OR

If you feel he isn't quite at the stage for something better than this package then perhaps its not a bad fit for where he might be in his playing stages.

Agreed, those boots and chasis look so cheap.

I would also say go with Mission or Tour. $240 for some junior sized skates? You could get Missions old 10'000's or 9500's I think for like $200. Im not exactly sure but I know that the senior models were around $240 so juniors couldnt be too much.