Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

24moose

cat eye

im 15 and i play with a cateye at my team in colorado.... i have the cirtified sticker in the back and i talk to refs all the time and they dont care it sweet... for 2 years i have worn it instate and out...

yes it is competitive ice hockey

can the kick you out of the game if u have one?

is it a cerifited cateye cage? one way to tell is to take a butt end of a player's stick and put it through one of the big holes. if it goes through then it's illegal cateye and u should get a cerifited one.

My brother use to have a cateye if its certified you will be fine also my dad always carried around a print off of it that shows its a certified cateye helmet

by the way is it redic?

is it a cerifited cateye cage? one way to tell is to take a butt end of a player's stick and put it through one of the big holes. if it goes through then it's illegal cateye and u should get a cerifited one.

The butt of a stick can go through a certified catseye... but a blade can't. In fact, a butt of a stick can go into my the cage on my CCM 692 helmet

im 15 and i play with a cateye at my team in colorado.... i have the cirtified sticker in the back and i talk to refs all the time and they dont care it sweet... for 2 years i have worn it instate and out...

yes it is competitive ice hockey

can the kick you out of the game if u have one?

In answer to your question...YES and no. You actually won't get kicked out of the game, you just won't be able to wear that cage for the game. So essentially you are out of there...

Most ref's won't call it unless the other team complains. The other team likely won't complain unless it is a game with playoff ramifications.

This actually happened to me a few seasons back. Same scenario. I played in the league for three years at that point, always wore a cat eye. No problems ever. Then round 1 of the playoffs, I'm scheduled to be on the bench that game but the other goalie is late. I'm out doing warmups and the other team notices we only have one goalie and complains about my cage. Ref skates over and informs me that I have to leave the ice or change cages... Fortunately the other goalie managed to get dressed in time for puck drop.

After that game, I switched to a cert cage and have used it ever since.

My suggestion, if you want to keep wearing the cat eye, carry a back up mask with a legal cage. Cuz someday this will creep up and bite you in the ass...

The TPS cat-eye is not certified. The certified sticker refers to the mask itself, with a standard cage. The cage was switched after being shipped to the retailer. Therefore, as Netminder32 said, you can in fact be forced to change it or not play.