Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Klee To Be Signed

Good stuff, you could really tell when he wasn't in the line up. I think that the Leafs should let Marchment go now to make room for a prospect to play. Actually, that might be difficult, seeing as he stepped it up towards the end of the year.

I wouldn't mind keeping Marchment around and maybe alternating him with Coliaicovo every other game to kind've let one of the rookie D learn the ropes a little and not get too overwhelmed, hopefully then the Rookie or Young D would step up and run-away with the job. If not you still have a solid 6th D. I think Berg may be cut or let go this year.

I'd drop Berg way before I'd drop Marchment. Both aren't great, but Marchment can hit, whether it be clean or dirty. Thats much more than Berg has shown he can do. Also, Pilar will be in the line up full time this year. Toronto has a real good defensive core now, Leetch and McCabe, Pilar and Klee, Kaberle and Marchment/Berg/Coliaciovo/possibly Bell.

I think Bells a real sleeper, he could turn out to be a great solid D, never a great offensive producer, but he's big and can skate. I think the Leafs have a great core to go off of next year, especially if Kaberle can get his act together.

Thats why Leetch and McCabe should be split up. Hook Kaberle and McCabe back together, and then play Klee with Leetch. That way on the top two D lines, theres offensive power, but theres also solid D. With Leetch and McCabe, offense was too much of a priority, and while they worked well together to start with, they sort of fell apart during the playoffs.

Finally someone who agrees that they should be split up. Looks like this is just a two horse race right now eh Kosy. Anyways, if you were able to split them both up it would be more productive to the team because now the load is split a little and with those pairings I think they'd be able to handle alot more ice time. Then those pairing could each play between 25-30 minutes a game, rather than overloading the Leetch and McCabe pairing like they did in the playoffs.

The problem with Kaberle and McCabe playing together is McCabe will have to give up a lot of his offensive game to be the stay at home guy and put in all of the effort in front of his net while Kaberle watches.

For me it boils down to how Kaberle will react. If he could return to the form he was at when him and McCabe were together, I feel the team would be better off. If he's anything less than the team would suffer from not having them together. I do think it's a plus having them together offensively because McCabe scores the majority of his goals from one-timers and Kaberle is reluctant to shoot, but gives great feeds. In front of the net I agree Kaberle is weak, but I find McCabe loves being there anyways and often runs out of position so he can battle infront. I think I just want to see Kaberle return to his old form again.

I think Kaberle suffered this year because he wasn't relied upon by the Leafs for offensive support. Leetch I felt was sort of restricted by playing with another offensive defenseman. Put Leetch with stay at home Klee, and allow him to rush the puck whenever he wants. Like Eazy said, spread out the playing time more. Give them both around 20 minutes, then let Pilar and the sixth D finish off the rest of the time. If this doesn't work, no big deal. Stick McCabe and Leetch back together, and depending on the Kaberle factor, him and Klee or Klee and Pilar as the second D, and then put Pilar/Kaberle with the 6th D. I was reading a TML board today and a lot of the guys on there are really pushing for a guy like Matvichuk to sign with the Leafs. I think that'd be a good signing, add another solid defensive D. Hard part might be getting him away from Dallas.

I'd like to see some of the younger guys play this year. Doesn't look like there is alot of youth upfront and the current D is fairly young, but it'd be nice to see Pilar and one of the other young D really step up and give some youth. I don't watch alot of Dallas games, but I don't know if he's "3rd D" material, and I think we have alot of 5-8 guys.

Matvichuk is unrestricted, Dallas can't stop him from walking away. He would be a really solid guy to have paired with Klee to make a great "stopper" pair on defense. I don't think it would be a wise move considering the youth they have in the system.

what's the deal with coliaciovo? it seems like he's been around for ever and he should be the next stud on d for the leafs, but he has yet to crack the line up full time. if the leafs stack their d with more vets, won't this kid just go to waste?

what's the deal with coliaciovo? it seems like he's been around for ever and he should be the next stud on d for the leafs, but he has yet to crack the line up full time. if the leafs stack their d with more vets, won't this kid just go to waste?

Quinn will give him a shot once he hits 30 or once he gets a couple years of NHL experience.

I personally think Quinn has something against him. He made the team for the first 10 games two years ago, but only played in the one. It generally takes Defenseman alot longer to mature than forwards, I'm hoping he'll get a shot this year, I think he can play. I spoke to a few people who played against him two years ago and they all said he was head and shoulders above anyone in the league. He's a high risk D, but he does throw his weight around and can battle in corners, not necessarily the best attributes for making name for yourself in Toronto.