Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

24moose

battram vs rbk

i'v heard alot of talk that battram is better than rbk. i think battram is just dont like rbk cause its so much money and the pads where out fast.. an thoughts?

RBK is a good specialty pad, it really has to suit your style for it to work for you. Battram makes good pads but there are companies much better suited for custom, i.e. Smith and Vortek

Alot of people don't like rbk simply because of how they have pushed themselves into the hockey marketspace. While the name on the front of the pad has changed, it's still being designed by the same guy so it's not much different then what used to be labelled koho.

Conversely, there are some that don't like the business practices of battram. His gear is less expensive, well than RBK anyway, and for many that is what they take into consideration.

::m

Conversely, there are some that don't like the business practices of battram. His gear is less expensive, well than RBK anyway, and for many that is what they take into consideration.

Please explain how people don't like the business practices of Battram.

A lot of people do not like how he simply clones gear off of previously constructed ideas. i.e. the Verge, deceptor, cyclone most of his pads.

Same thing goes for simmons. Be original.

Please explain how people don't like the business practices of Battram.

The list of pads that battram has copied is too long for me to list here and it really doesn't end at pads. Mudbug33 said that he makes changes and the reasons for that have been discussed ad nauseam but not necessarily on this board.

I've never dealt with either however what I've heard (from another board) is that Scott Battram is a great person to work with (will do completely custom work) and is great with communication. I have not heard the same said about Simmons.

I've never dealt with either however what I've heard (from another board) is that Scott Battram is a great person to work with (will do completely custom work) and is great with communication. I have not heard the same said about Simmons.

Simmons is the complete opposite. Horrible customer service.