Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

CCM Vector 10.0 Shin Pads

I've been using the Vector 10.0 shin guards since November, and they replaced my Easton Synergy 900 which, after taking a slapshot off my tongue, were considered too short because of the pain in my leg after that shot blockage.

Weight: I was quite suprised that they were lighter than the Synergy's, and it was a noticeable difference. They are even slightly wider than the 900s, which was why I was taken aback that they were lighter. 10/10

Fit: I guess pretty much all shin pads fit the same now. It has the floating thingy above the knee cap, and it doesn't interfere with my Pro Tacks pants. They are comfortable on the leg. 10/10

Protection: Perfect protection! I play defense and love to block shots. With these on, I have felt nothing thus far. 10/10

ONE BIG DRAWBACK: These shinguards come with the removable calf pad and have to stretchy velcro liners to hold the shingguards on (I don't use tape). They only put velcro on a small part of the straps, so when I attached them I couldn't get even close to get them tight enough to stay on my leg without flopping around! My last few sets of shin guards had stretch velcro on the entire strap, and these have just a small section. I had to remove these straps entirely (including the calf protector, which is no big deal) and purchase aftermarket neoprene straps. And i'm not skinny either (5'10", 188 lbs), but the only way these straps would work is if your calfs were almost the size as your thighs!

Because of this weird 'miss' by the CCM design team, my final score is only 6/10.

Purchased early this year.. been using them since February.

17" version.. worn over the tongues

Weight: Roughly 3 lbs 4 oz. hardly noticeable once they are on 9/10

Fit: I purchased these thinking I would make adjustments to the shin foam and the lower thigh protector. I left the shin foam alone as they were great out of the bag. I made a couple of adjustments to the lower thigh pad. These were attached with Velcro and can be removed and put back on later if needed. Needs help keepin the pads tight around the shin 6/10

Protection: Seems good so far. I haven't had problems with direct impact to these. This set of shins also includes calf protection which are okay when on. Using the attached elastic straps still shows about a 1 inch gap between the front and this pad 9/10

Durability: stitching is still good. Plastic is still intact. not bad : 10/10

Intangibles: 1. The Velcro used to attach the lower thigh pad is starting to go on one side. kind of a pain when I pull these out and having it flopping around.

2. the elastic straps do not hold the shins tight. Expect to invest in sock tape, shin sleeves, or an extra set of elastic bands to keep them firm on the leg.

Conclusion: Not a bad set of pads at all that are protective and relatively lightweight. the drawback is the strapping system.