Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maxhockey

Goalie glove

Hi,

I recently purchased a vector 6 goalie glove, its my first goalie glove, the glove closes fine but it doesent open much, can anyone tell me what I can do so it opens to its full size, I use it for ball hockey and the size it opens at the moment doesent even allow me to catch the ball. If anyone can give me some tips on how to break it in that would be great.

What i found helpfull with my glove when i first got it, was shoving a few pucks/balls/newspaper into the pit and wrapping some cord around it. This was done every time after playing with it. Ive heard of people, oiling there gloves and beating the crap out of it with a hockey stick also, this is suppose to be good too.

I tried to put mine, closed, on the ground, then pile big books like the Lord of the Rings 3-books-in-one, the full sherlock holmes, and stuff. Yes, I do read!!!(or I used to.) Problem was, even with 20 pounds on it, it would open up(gradually) or it would the glove would smash closed and the books would fall off. Interesting times.

NEVER run over your equipment! It compresses the foam, making it prematurely worn out. Just flex it back and forth, and leave a weight on top of it overnight if you must, but nothing that will completely compress the foam! Just enough weight to get the glove to sit in the open position is enough.