Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LarrieNation9

Captain of a team with poor attitude

Alot of the guys on my team have terrible attitudes. I need some help getting them to atleast go along with the program for alot of the younger guys. Things like pre-game locker room discussion and etc.

Try to lead by example. Be the first one to practice and skate hard. In the locker room pep talk, make them feel like they are unstoppable and have a purpose. Also make them understand that being on that team is a privledge (if it is). Just try to build a "brotherhood" in the room so that everyone understands that their bad attitude brings everybody down. Winning games will help the attitude also.

Hold a players only practice and point out everyones short comings, even your own. Theres no reason to just talk up a team when some people will have animosity towards the people who are half assing it.

Talk to the coach to, if theres a player whos dragging ass and not attempting then make it an issue. Obviously if you're the captain the coach has some faith in your leadership abilities.

punch em out haha i know its sounds kind of over board but last year our captain thought he was the shit and in practice he kept flicking pucks at me and one of them smoked me in jewels i skated to him and dropped him. Sometimes you gotta play along with it but sometimes you gotta step up to the plate and take the lead some ppl may not listen to you but if you have good stuff to say more and more ppl will notice you maybe even the coaches.

I'm a captain as well. I often felt that a lot of guys in my team are not that confident. For instance, if they heard of any of good team matching with us, they lose confidence. Our goalie sucks and I think he knows it. :P But I never yelled or made fun of him. He has become our soild goalie and I see he gained some confidence. Infact, I do not know what to do with losing streak although they seem more confident. <_<