Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmiro

out door wheels

i need a set of wheel that will stop and not shred on a painted outdoor surface. suggestions?

I'm a big fan of the Rink Rat World Cup wheels. They've held up great for me so far on a painted asphalt surface. Some buddies of mine also swear by the Hyper 250's, and they're usually less expensive than the Rink Rats.

I just use older indoor wheels (anywhere around 76-78a does the trick) that I find on closeout. Inlinesports.com has a pretty large stock of wheels for real cheap.

They won't last as long as the pro250s or world cups, but you're also not paying 7-10 per wheel, and they offer a ot more grip than the hypers. I haven't used the world cups, so I can't say anything about the performance of those. I just can't drop $9-10 per wheel for pickup hockey when I ordered 8 sets @ .50 per wheel last time around.

i need a set of wheel that will stop and not shred on a painted outdoor surface. suggestions?

I'm a big fan of the Rink Rat World Cup wheels. They've held up great for me so far on a painted asphalt surface. Some buddies of mine also swear by the Hyper 250's, and they're usually less expensive than the Rink Rats.

i swear by the hyper pro 250's and i've used the world cup wheels as well - i still buy the 250's they are just the best outdoor wheel you can buy

Revision Ghost Wheels are mixed with my rink rats for outdoor $6.95 per wheel for the Ghosts $6.49 for the World Cups. Where are you lads coming up with $9 a wheel? Exagerate for effect much?

Where are you lads coming up with $9 a wheel? Exagerate for effect much?

Because the "big dog" wheels are all around $9 a pop. MB816's, Genesis', Dynasty's, etc.

hockeygiant has pro 250s in 68, 72, and 76 mm for 3.99 each.

i have a set 80mm on my outdoor skates, they're pretty good.

Revision Ghost Wheels are mixed with my rink rats for outdoor $6.95 per wheel for the Ghosts $6.49 for the World Cups. Where are you lads coming up with $9 a wheel? Exagerate for effect much?

I thought i had seen world cups going for $9-10 a pop, I may have been mistaken. Pro 250s are around $7-8 around here.

Still, considering the way I eat through wheels and the grip I get with the older indoor wheels, I'll take a $2-3 wheel lasting 6 skates over a pro 250 lasting 12 skates any day of the week. 250''s last like nothing else, but you just don't get the same performance.

another world cup vote for me. thankfully, i got some on blemish manufacturer closeout on epuck 3 years ago. bought a few sets. they're just now finally running out. but man, they last 3x as long as the hypers i tried in between.

i'm going to get another set of hypers though, just because they're a lot cheaper than the non blem world cups go for. after that i'll probably try those asphalt wheels.