Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollerhockeymavin

converting easton z-air skates

Looking to convert a easton z-air ice boot with either sprung frame or sherwood frame. Is the sherwood frame a high low set up-other threads appear to be pretty positive on these frames(redstar). I would think the easton boot is a pretty stiff boot. Any thoughts. Thanks.

yah, the Sherwoods are Hi-Lo. the easton z-air is a quality boot. would definitely be a great combo.

Thanks guy. I think I will try it. I will post pics when completed. Great deals on Hockey World and Hockey Giant.

Can't wait to see the pics. It's neat having skates you don't see everywhere. I play a little pick up with some local college age guys and the first time I played with them I noticed guys checking out my skates. I figured they thought they were some kind of old guys, out of date junk and then one of the guys said, "Where did you get those skates?" I told them they were my old CCM 552 Super Tacks ice boots with a Red Star chassis I mounted and they all wanted to look at them when we were done skating. These are guys that were skating in newer (1 or 2 model years old) top of the line stuff and they were all talking about how cool my skates were. None of them had ever had a pair of skates that they hadn't bought stock from a sporting goods store. Since then I have taken all of my skates over for them to check out and they really liked the old beat up green kevlar CCM 755's with the polished Sure-Grip chassis.

Rick Henry

Can't wait to see the pics. It's neat having skates you don't see everywhere. I play a little pick up with some local college age guys and the first time I played with them I noticed guys checking out my skates. I figured they thought they were some kind of old guys, out of date junk and then one of the guys said, "Where did you get those skates?" I told them they were my old CCM 552 Super Tacks ice boots with a Red Star chassis I mounted and they all wanted to look at them when we were done skating. These are guys that were skating in newer (1 or 2 model years old) top of the line stuff and they were all talking about how cool my skates were. None of them had ever had a pair of skates that they hadn't bought stock from a sporting goods store. Since then I have taken all of my skates over for them to check out and they really liked the old beat up green kevlar CCM 755's with the polished Sure-Grip chassis.

Rick Henry

A similiar thing happened to my buddy a few months ago playing open hockey with some local guys from college. He plays both ice and roller hockey and converted a pair of graf 705's with a Red Star frame-rink rat wheels-abec 9 bearings. Nice.... I ordered the boot and frame today and I am going to use Rink Rat MB 816 and ABEC9 bearing-maybe I will spring for Swiss Bones. I will post pics when the skates are done..