Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scorpion

Which Skate? Fuel 110AG or Wicked1?

Hi,

first i would like to wish all modsquadhockey-users a happy new year.

Now my question. I got money for christmas and now i am looking for a new skate. There are 2 options for me:

- Fuel 110 AG with Sprung Frame

or

- Mission Wicked 1

What would you guys say?

you sure know how to pick them.. wicked 1 gives you wicked pain and the sprung frame is not for everyone. if you are set on those two i would visit your lhs and at least try one the wicked 1 before you decide which one you want. i would recommend you take a look at ccm pf10 from last year.

I would go with a boot that is designed for inline. If you want to put a sprung on later, you can still do that.

i was thinking between those two exact skates, i instead took a pair of my old nike hi-hos, took the chassis of and had it mounted on a pair of easton 800C ice skates , i absoultly love the combo and would reccomend it greatly, it was only $325. even had enough to get a stick

talk about opposite ends of the spectrum, the 110 AG is going to be a lower cut boot as the successor to the S series, where the Wicked is a taller, stiffer boot. Than you have a difference from Sprung to Vanguard and you end up with one skate that allows more ankle flex with a chassis that adds to that giving a huge range of motion but alot less support and the other being a speed demon ski boot. Apples to oranges comparison, which style suits you better?

talk about opposite ends of the spectrum, the 110 AG is going to be a lower cut boot as the successor to the S series, where the Wicked is a taller, stiffer boot.

Thats the reason im asking.

I know the Sprung-Frame and i have to say i like it. I have it mounted on a

The next thing is, in 2007 you can`t buy a wicked skate or any new stuff from a lhs in germany. So it is hard to try a Wicked 1 Skate ;)

bild0022.jpg

If you're in those XX with Sprung now, the AG110 might be the better choice. The Wicked boots are a bit taller than the Vapor line and nasty stiff, unless of course you want something stiffer than what you've got now.

Assuming I am open ended as to what boot to use, can anyone recommend a low cut, deep fitting built-like-a-tank boot to use with sprung frames?? I have Mission 9500's now and am thinking of going to the Sprung frame. But the 9500's are so high it seems like they would be counter productive to put a sprung frame on them. Anything in the Tour line? Any other of the Mission boots?

Thoughts??

you could always look at ice boots like the AG series or the S series from Mission since those allow more movement in the ankles. My AMP 2 boots on Sprung are softer up top than my Wicked 7's, and I find it to be almost detrimental since the frame also has give to it.

Interesting. I was hoping to stay with an inline boot versus an ice boot unless the perfect one drops into my lap. It is all I can do to research inline stuff without bogging my little brain down with ice alternatives.

So your soft boots on the sprung is "too" mobile? That is kind of the direction I was looking for especially based on post #6 here. I do not need top end speed, I need maneuverability, quickness, and stopping ability.

see I prefer a tall, stiff boot. The options you're looking for could be CCM Vector/PF boots, Mission AG or S series ice boots, maybe Bauer Vapor mid to low end. Tour makes a middle of the road type boot and the Wicked are about the furthest thing from what you're asking. I know Giant has S series closeouts right now, and JR and Chadd both have skated them so they might be of help. Duckjob had Sprungs mounted on S500's and he seems to like them from what he posted in the Sprung thread.

see I prefer a tall, stiff boot. The options you're looking for could be CCM Vector/PF boots, Mission AG or S series ice boots, maybe Bauer Vapor mid to low end. Tour makes a middle of the road type boot and the Wicked are about the furthest thing from what you're asking. I know Giant has S series closeouts right now, and JR and Chadd both have skated them so they might be of help. Duckjob had Sprungs mounted on S500's and he seems to like them from what he posted in the Sprung thread.

S500s are the best skates I've ever used.