Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habitants99

chassis set ups

any feedback on which set up is ideal. straight 72's, straight 76's, straight 80's, 80/72 hi lo , 76/68 hi lo 80/76 hi lo. i skated on my straight 72's the other day for first time in like 7 years and was surprised how slow they were compared to my 80/72 hi lo set up that i've been skating on for past 7 years. i realized that i dont like the pitch of my hi lo's but the speed diffrence is drastic. im curious about going to straight 80's but worried that my center of gravity will be too high and that i wont have good stability. any feed back? any one skate on the new 76/80 set up?

The all 80 setup isn't much higher than the 80-72, with a more neutral pitch. (actually felt like i was on my heels at first when i came from hi-los.)

I've actually got more stability in my Tours than I had in my missions. Feels like I've got more speed, too.

welcome to the board.

there's the all 80 Hummer, the Sensor 80-80-72-76, Vanguard 80-76, Hi-Lo 80-72 or 76-68, Flat, Big Wheel from Easton (not sure exactly, but it's 3-4 different sized wheels), Tri-Di 80-76-76-72, Rocker and Sprung.

My experience on the Vanguard is that it's the neutral pitch, Hi-Lo is on your toes and Hummer is on your heels. Sprung is it's own entity that I'm still trying to evaluate. Tri-Di feels somewhere between the Vanguard and a standard Hi-Lo, still on your toes but not as extreme.

I switched from 80-76 hi-lo to hummers a few years back and i love it. I noticed a pretty big difference in speed. Definately love hummers, so much so that im converting some ice skates to have hummers as tours dont fit me all that well.

thanks for feedback. i thought the straight 80's would give a neutral pitch. back on heels pitch sounds unusual. i've been leaning toward the vanguard 80/76 set up. i assumed this would give you a slight on toes feeling rather than the 80/72 set up. i wish you could demo skates in game situation before buying! how is the speed on a 76/68 set up i never realize people have done this. did anyone ever have problems getting size 68 wheels on the top of line model wheels?

thanks for feedback. i thought the straight 80's would give a neutral pitch. back on heels pitch sounds unusual. i've been leaning toward the vanguard 80/76 set up. i assumed this would give you a slight on toes feeling rather than the 80/72 set up. i wish you could demo skates in game situation before buying! how is the speed on a 76/68 set up i never realize people have done this. did anyone ever have problems getting size 68 wheels on the top of line model wheels?

i use a 76/68 setup and i like it alot. i usually play defense so i like the quickness factor and being closer to the ground. top end speed isn't really part of my game. its probably all in my head but i feel more comfortable on this setup over a 80/72. i was using a mission 7500 with this setup until i cracked the chassis and then started using an old pair of Bauer rh5000's that i picked up for dirt cheap on ebay that has a kuzak split chassis that has alot more of a neutral pitch to it compared to the Mission chassis on the 7500's. i really like this setup but unfortunately the boot is pretty worn out. i was able to get another kuzak split chassis and i'm going to throw it on a pair of easton z-air boots and use the rh5000's for outdoor.

as far as wheels available in the 68mm size, i use rink rat world cups for outdoor and rink rat hot shots for indoor and both are pretty easy to get in the 68mm size.

shouldn't be a huge problem as the jr. Hi-Lo setups were 68-76. The acceleration is there, but not the top speed. If you're a crazy legs style skater with really good cardio it could be good, but otherwise it'll wear you out quick coming from a standard setup.

I have recently been putting a 78mm wheel on the front of my hummer chasis to move the pitch a bit to the front. 78mm wheels are hard to find but I do like being a little more forward. I still don't feel as far forward as in Missions hi-lo.

The old Easton chasis was 72, 68, 80, 72 front to back. Never had a chance to try them but they did look pretty nice when they first came out.

and there's also the labeda sensor chassis that uses 80-80-72-76 right?

Yea sadly they don’t make the sensor any more and cannot produce it anymore from what I understand. The 76-72-80-80 is my favorite setup I have ever skated on then the hummer with all 80’s.

and there's also the labeda sensor chassis that uses 80-80-72-76 right?

Yea sadly they don’t make the sensor any more and cannot produce it anymore from what I understand. The 76-72-80-80 is my favorite setup I have ever skated on then the hummer with all 80’s.

The Sensor falls under the Hi-Lo patent that Mission owns. If you like the Sensor, you might like the Vanguard as well.