Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman

How the *&%#@ do you miss an open net?

I have got some assists, and my first season, I lead the team in PIMs, but it was accidental leading.

I was playing beginner no check league, and because of my size/inexperience, I was called a lot for unneccessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct for colliding with others when it was a case that I couldn't get out of the way.

I am fairly big/solid (6'3'' 240) so usually kept my feet while others fell, hence the calls against me.

I am better now, but still my first career goal eludes me. I have scored in stick and puck, and drop in, but never in a game, where it matters.

I am decent on face offs, and good at screening, but even an ugly tap in has not come my way yet.

If the game wasn't so addictive, I would be upset, but I think I contribute elsewhere, so doesn't get me too down.

I will get hammered the night of my first (if ever) goal

I have got some assists, and my first season, I lead the team in PIMs, but it was accidental leading.

I was playing beginner no check league, and because of my size/inexperience, I was called a lot for unneccessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct for colliding with others when it was a case that I couldn't get out of the way.

I am fairly big/solid (6'3'' 240) so usually kept my feet while others fell, hence the calls against me.

I am better now, but still my first career goal eludes me. I have scored in stick and puck, and drop in, but never in a game, where it matters.

I am decent on face offs, and good at screening, but even an ugly tap in has not come my way yet.

If the game wasn't so addictive, I would be upset, but I think I contribute elsewhere, so doesn't get me too down.

If I was your size (I'm 5'9" 165lbs :( )I'd park myself in front and wait for tip ins...Ya never know...a puck off your ass and in is still a goal.

Yeah I've been where you are somewhat, after living in a place with no hockey for a few years and coming back. Went through several games without a goal, when I used to bang them in left and right. I don't know why but it seems that once you get the first, they start coming more frequently as if more opportunities magically open up lol.

Yeah I've been where you are somewhat, after living in a place with no hockey for a few years and coming back. Went through several games without a goal, when I used to bang them in left and right. I don't know why but it seems that once you get the first, they start coming more frequently as if more opportunities magically open up lol.

I was born and raised in Ireland, in the north west, closest city was Derry.

I moved here in 2000, the same year the Giants set up in belfast.

My first exposure to hockey was the caps at the start of the 00/01 season.

So I am allowing myself some catchup time on most.

That and the fact that I just suck are my excuses

If I was your size (I'm 5'9" 165lbs :( )I'd park myself in front and wait for tip ins...Ya never know...a puck off your ass and in is still a goal.

All my goals have been tips in or (playing defence) slapper or wrist shot winds up in the net from screens from my forwards.

LAst night off the first face off my partner (defence) gets the puck and takes a couple steps then passes to me, i got skate up lose my edge(haven't sharpened skates in 2 mths) and fall face first causing a two on one!! i was pretty embarassed after that.

smoke, a friend of mine led our team in goal scoring one season, and then went 2 and a half seasons without putting one in. The important thing is that you're contributing in other ways. (I think you had a thread about this before?)

smoke, a friend of mine led our team in goal scoring one season, and then went 2 and a half seasons without putting one in. The important thing is that you're contributing in other ways. (I think you had a thread about this before?)

I have had a thread about it before. Three months ago

I have some assists since then (at the time of the thread I was completely without a point), but the first goal still eludes me.

Maybe with the new gloves!!!

Hah! I hear you. I scored one goal in the entirety of my youth, probably about 5 or 6 years of playing against goalies. It was an empty net goal against a team TWO YEARS YOUNGER than we were.

So here I am 10 years later, I've been playing three games a week since October and haven't got a goal yet. I had a lot of nice assists towards the end of November and early December, but almost nothing since.

Oh well, like you say it's an addictive sport. Gotta just keep working on skating and stick handling, then get some shots on goal, THEN put some past the minder.