Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Bertuzzi charged with assault

Bertuzzi's a faggot

Comments like that get you a 40% addition to your warning level and a 24 vacation from posting.

I really do respect different opinions on this. Well ... minus the mindless dribble here and there.

If you want to speak of "hockey honor" think of this.

Why the hell doesnt Naslund fight Moore? They are roughly the same size. Naslund was hit by Moore. I dont want to hear the same old crap about how Naslund is the scorer. Be a man. If you have an issue take care of it your self.

What a concept.

I couldn't agree more Ponty.

Kosy:

Between the lockout and legal talk surrounding Bertuzzi, tehre isn't a lot of good pulicity for the NHL right now. The last thing he wants is to put the amount of violence in the game under a microscope in the press, US or Canadian.

What is the latest with Lindros? I know hes UFA, but is anyone even thinking of signing him?

It would be a very heavily incentive laden deal.

I'm not so sure. I was involved in incidents almost Identical to the Bert situation twice this year. Both ended up in concussions, one a bit worse. We've talked about this in a few different threads. Players play their role and have to expect certain things. Moore did not deserve this nor should he have expected it. However the way the NHL is now he should've expected some sort of retaliation from the Vancouver players. He should've been willing to fight. Whether it is right that he should be expected to fight for what some believe to be a clean hit or not, when you do something like that to what may be the NHLs best player you need to expect something. I do not agree with what Bert did, but I don't think he is 100% to blame either, he was frustrated and I believe he intended to stun him into fighting. I've seen alot of fighters do this, he let his emotions get the better of him, however I don't think he should pay through the ways of the law.

Wait a minute. Moore did fight the first Canuck to challenge him. I believe it was Cooke who challenged Moore and by nearly every interpretation of "the code" that should have been the end of it.

To say that Bertuzzi is not 100% responsible for his actions is wrong and a dangerous precedent to set. If he was so upset about what Moore did, why not go after him as soon as Moore hit Naslund? Why not get him the next game they played? To wait 10 days and punch him in the back of the head is a chicken shit way to resolve the problem.

From what I remember, a few canucks before cooke challenged moore. moore just picked cooke, a non-fighter. I dont agree that as retribution, someone is only obligated to fight someone of equivalent stature. thats why you have enforcers, it doesnt matter who you are, the enforcer is the one your going to have to face up to. picking and choosing who to fight, thats not the hockey code. i am on the fence about the 1 fight and its over thing too. i was at the game when brad may put out tkachuk the season before. he fought all comers after that, even accepting to fight at the end of his shift and getting hammered bloody subsequently.

Moore is not exactly known as the next Tiger Williams either. How can you speak of hockey code in any kind of defense on what happened that day.

I finally got around to watching the Season pt. II today, and I must applaud ESPN for not making a huge deal out of this situation. I was prepared for half of it to be about it, but it was really only like two minutes tops.

Moore is not exactly known as the next Tiger Williams either.  How can you speak of hockey code in any kind of defense on what happened that day.

im not defending bertuzzi. im saying that a lot of things in that game led to what bertuzzi did including moore backing down from what the canucks felt was legitimately owning up for his previous actions. like i said before, it doesnt matter who u are, if u decide to play a certain way you should be prepared to face whoever the other team decides to put on you. at least grapple with their big guy or something, but dont decline fight after fight until a non-fighter comes a long. some people advocate repealling the instigator rule as a solution for players taking liberties with each other without repurcussion. well if that other person doesnt answer the bell when its rung, then what? it not right for players to carve out careers because they dont respect their opponents and have no qualms about injuring people?

It was determined to be a legal play by the NHL, why should he fight anyone who wants to fight him? May is not the best comparison, he fights just about anyone all the time.

Nobody has been able to come up with a good reason for them not jumping Moore when he hit Naslund and then not doing anything in Colorado a couple days later. I could understand an immediate reaction.

Ponty I love it. I would've loved to see Naslund go after Moore and step up to be a real man. However if the roles were reversed and Naslund hammered say Sakic, I'd say Nassy should fight Worrell or whoever comes from him. When you make hits like that I feel it's a statement and you should be willing to accept all challenges. I dislike the fact players are getting run at for clean hits (although I don't think this was), but I think they should understand the scenario and accept what is coming. I don't have the poor victim vision of Moore in my head though. I'm seeing things a little differently I believe.

What is the latest with Lindros? I know hes UFA, but is anyone even thinking of signing him?

Hearing rumours that the Leafs may be interested in him for mainly team oriented bonuses. Mill per round type thing. Maybe some Conn Smythe, but no more of the games played because he isn't any good playing 4th line minutes to get his high numbers.

to avoid reopening the discussion we had 3 months ago we will call moores hit on naslund 'nhl legal'. that still doesnt make it the right thing to do. there are many opportunities during the game where players can catch another player who can't protect themself. along the boards, chasing pucks, reaching for pucks like naslund....but more often than not you dont see them run the other player through like moore did to naslund. you thought bertuzzis hit on jackman in the playoffs was bad enough? think about how much worse it could have been had bertuzzi not let up in the end. i think the bottom line is respect. someone who shows respect towards others deserve to have the same paid back to them. and even tho the hit was nhl clean, whenever you rock someones head like that the intent is to injure.

Guest 2048
What is the latest with Lindros?  I know hes UFA, but is anyone even thinking of signing him?

Hearing rumours that the Leafs may be interested in him for mainly team oriented bonuses. Mill per round type thing. Maybe some Conn Smythe, but no more of the games played because he isn't any good playing 4th line minutes to get his high numbers.

Actually, it's more like 1st line minutes with 4th line effectiveness when he plays to avoid injury.

I am not into the Moore is a victim thing. I am more into the Bert and the Canucks organization, as a whole, are a bunch of punks mind set.

Star players do go after guys there own size as well. Sakic beat the snot out of Gilmour a few years back. Neely never backed down on guys his own size. Hell Neely would go out of his way to fight guys his own stature. He would even stop pounding the snot out of someone when he would see they were hurt.

You see it comes down to something that is missing in all walks of life. Class.

I am not into the Moore is a victim thing. I am more into the Bert and the Canucks organization, as a whole, are a bunch of punks mind set.

You see it comes down to something that is missing in all walks of life. Class.

every team has their share of punks, and their share of class acts. there are current and past members of the avs organization who also have bad reputations. crawford, granato, cooke, barnaby. None of them can really take the high road. All im asking for is a little objectivity.

What I find pretty ironic is that Granato, Moore's coach and advocate for harsher punishments on Bertuzzi, himself was suspended by the league for a harsh action. In 1994 he recieved a 15 game suspension for slashing someone in the back of the head I think it was.

I am not into the Moore is a victim thing.  I am more into the Bert and the Canucks organization, as a whole, are a bunch of punks mind set.

You see it comes down to something that is missing in all walks of life.  Class.

every team has their share of punks, and their share of class acts. there are current and past members of the avs organization who also have bad reputations. crawford, granato, cooke, barnaby. None of them can really take the high road. All im asking for is a little objectivity.

This is just one of those topics that your one way or another. Good point on the punks and class acts comments. I do admit I have a bit of a problem on being objective on this topic.

What every side your one this was just bad for hockey overall. I am ready to move on ... again ... ;)

Just read this in THN and thought it was interesting. Its Brian Burke's perspective on each of the top ten incidents of the year. While talking about Todd he said this: "After delivering a punch from behind, Bertuzzi stepped on his own stick, which had fallen on the ice, and both players stumbled and fell. Several players piled on." Pretty chickenshit if you ask me, trying to take responsibility away from Todd. Haven't heard it before, thought it was interesting.