Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arrows91

NHL morning skate

Im planning a trip to calgary in march and as there isnt that much to do there, i was thinking bout trying to get into watch a morning skate at the saddledome. I no its only a morning skate but we get nothing liek this in the UK. Does anyone no if you can get into morning skates?? or is it not open to the public

Im planning a trip to calgary in march and as there isnt that much to do there, i was thinking bout trying to get into watch a morning skate at the saddledome. I no its only a morning skate but we get nothing liek this in the UK. Does anyone no if you can get into morning skates?? or is it not open to the public

Try contacting the team directly.

I have no idea how the Flames operate their practices, so I can't give you a perfect response. However, I can tell you about the Sharks if that helps at all. I know these guys don't actually practice at the HP Pavillion but rather at a practice center approximately 5 miles away. Their practices are almost always open to the public b/c it's at a public facility. So like the above said, contact the team directly to see how they run their practices. Chances are they might not even be at the Saddledome.

I know when the caps practice at their new facility it's open to the public, but if they skate at the verizon center it's closed.

They have a link to practice on their site, so check the flames site

When the Canucks practice for Game Day skates at GM Place it's a private skate session unless noted otherwise

For regular practices though teams usually have a separate practice facility so your best bet is to find out and contact that facility

Call Peter Hanlon at the Calgary Flames and ask him about attending the practice in question. Tell him you'll be visiting from the U.K. and he should try to accommodate you. Most Flames' practices are open to the public and they usually practice at the Saddledome. The odd practice is at the Corral (on the other side of the Stampede Grounds) but only when there are scheduling conflicts.