Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyIsLife

Need some help

So i'm 5'9 and I play midget. I am about average size.

It seems that everyone can knock me down, big or small.

I am 155 Pounds and was wondering how I can avoid being embarassed every game. I am only 15 If that makes a difference.

hah...man. i wonder what type of regiment was in charles atlas' free book that teaches you to become a he-man.

Well

1) use your speed and agility to elude the big guys. They look pretty silly trying to catch a speedy small guy. If you do not have speed and agility, then you should work on that, because that is what a small guy needs to score.

2) use your leverage. A big guy has a hard time checking you because he can not get underneath your center of gravity to flip you over. However, YOU can easily get underneath a big guy's center of gravity and topple him like a cord of wood. Keep low, keep those knees bent, and learn how to stand up at just the right time to send someone flying.

3) Practice your balance. When a man that has good balance meets a man with no balance, it will go badly for the man with none (paraphased from clint eastwood). Get a balance board and practice on it every day. Every time you tie your shoe laces, do it balancing on one foot.

4) You might be standing wrong. To absorb a hit, you need to have one leg back. If you have both feet parallel, and someone hits you, you are going flying!

5) learn how to skate and turn on one foot. That way if someone catches one foot, you still can make good moves with the one that is remaining on the ice. You should be able to do a one legged body weight squat. It would be nice if you could skate from one end of the rink to the other on only one skate. If you are weaker on one foot than the other, practice building up the weak foot.

6) If you can pull off the timing, if you see the big hit coming, turn around at the last second and lay on a hip check yourself. Being small, the results might be a crowd pleaser!

I can't read that. How many Archie & Friends UPCs do I have to send in for it?

i think you know.

atlas.jpg

Yeah, right now I'd second biff44. You're 15, and seriously, I wouldn't really recommend that you start pumping the iron. Having said that, once you're a little older, say when you get out of high school, then start lifting, and adding mass to your frame. Of course, that depends on what kind of frame you have, and how your genetics are, but at the very least, it will add SOMETHING (just how much I'm not quite sure, since I don't know you or your background)

Yeah, right now I'd second biff44. You're 15, and seriously, I wouldn't really recommend that you start pumping the iron. Having said that, once you're a little older, say when you get out of high school, then start lifting, and adding mass to your frame. Of course, that depends on what kind of frame you have, and how your genetics are, but at the very least, it will add SOMETHING (just how much I'm not quite sure, since I don't know you or your background)

lifting when your young wont effect you growing

id suggest lifting, and work on your balance.

balance is pretty much they key to hitting