Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhMyGodImOnFire

Game Day Routine

eat a good breakfast with fair amount of protein

go for a 20 minute run or like 10 hard minutes on the bike just to get my legs moving

then take a 2-4 hour nap depending on game time

eat some pasta for a late lunch

jump rope for 5-7 minutes

then head to the rink and get focused usuallly i tape my stick and listen to my ipod and just stick handle

2-3 Hours before, eat something, usually some kind of soup

1 Hour before, stuff is in the car, on my way to the rink

Little bit more than 20 minutes before, eat an energy bar and take a piss

At 20 minute mark of previous game, I start to get dressed. I usually allot myself 20 mintues, but it takes about 10-15 mintues (if I'm late I can do it in 2) and then talk with the team, at about 2-4 minutes left I put on my c/a, jersey, gloves and mask, and I wait in line to get on the rink.

That's for house hockey, and my travel (pre)season starts in a week. In travel, I usually leave for the away rink so that I'll have about an hour-45 mins to get dressed.

Finish work for the day, go home and play with the kid for a bit before dinner. Help clean up dishes and get kid ready for bed, visit with my wife for a bit... Get to the rink 10 minutes before the game and rush to get dressed.

Game day routine, how about daily grind? ;)