Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

philatangy

Do you guys remember the old White Nike Fedorov Skate?

I was going through my old gear, and I found 2 pairs of the old white nike federov roller hockey skates. I remember I used to love those skates! The frames broke on one pair, and one I stopped using when I was only playing ice.

What do you guys think I should do with them? Is the technology of the boot to old and I should just toss em? Should I put an ice frame on them, or a new roller frame?

do they still fit you?

are they nicer then your current skates?

they are your skates, make your own decision....

but i would sell them on ebay. someone migiht want them

if you like them, keep them...

its whatever YOU want

hell, frame em. Keep them as a reminder of the first uber-expensive skates that would completely fall apart from lack of quality in building

I meant stick them in a frame, not put frames on them BTW.

Honestly though, if they are comfy, have some support left in them, get some frames and rock em out. White sprungs with some white wheels if you want to keep the stark white, Federov-esque look to them.

Honestly though, if they are comfy, have some support left in them, get some frames and rock em out. White sprungs with some white wheels if you want to keep the stark white, Federov-esque look to them.

That would be a tight look ... I second pictures needed.

Scott

That would be a tight look ... I second pictures needed.

Scott

K, I will try to get the pictures up tommorrow.

I have a pair of these for ice and had a pair for roller also.

The pair for roller lasted me for four years so I didn't question the durability of them.

Were the ice ones any diff than the roller ones?

The ice boots seem a lot more stiff to me and the ice ones had a closed toe where the roller ones had an open toe for ventilation.

very nice.

I still remember when I got my zoom airs in black/white. my first "real" hockey skates. they didnt have any wide sizes, so I just got a pair like 2 sizes too big, but I didn't know the difference. All I knew was that Fedorov wore them, and now so did I. Soon after I got a pair of Bolero Gloves and even a nike shaft. I thought I was the shit...

I had a pair of the Nike Air Zoom (ice hockey) skates in black with silver trim. I got them at Dunhams Sporting Goods six or seven years ago for like $39.00 on sale. I think the original price tag was around $150-$175 dollars. They only had a size 10 and my CCM Tacks were a size 10 so I bought them. They ended up being to small so I finally gave them to my younger brother and he still skates in them. Man those were cool looking skates and they would have looked good with a inline chassis. They also made a model that was black with a deep red or dark copper color trim and a black roller chassis. Those were some of the coolest looking roller hockey skates I have ever seen but they were real heavy. The chassis was aluminum and built like a tank. I never could figure out why Nike went away from the look of the Zoom's. They could have improved the skate but kept the look.

Rick Henry

I had a pair of the Nike Air Zoom (ice hockey) skates in black with silver trim. I got them at Dunhams Sporting Goods six or seven years ago for like $39.00 on sale. I think the original price tag was around $150-$175 dollars. They only had a size 10 and my CCM Tacks were a size 10 so I bought them. They ended up being to small so I finally gave them to my younger brother and he still skates in them. Man those were cool looking skates and they would have looked good with a inline chassis. They also made a model that was black with a deep red or dark copper color trim and a black roller chassis. Those were some of the coolest looking roller hockey skates I have ever seen but they were real heavy. The chassis was aluminum and built like a tank. I never could figure out why Nike went away from the look of the Zoom's. They could have improved the skate but kept the look.

Rick Henry

I think I had those same ones, but they never really fit me right either. I got rid of them too.

My brother had the black ones with copper trim and aluminum chassis. By that point I was on my third pair of Missions, and sold on them. Still, those skates were very sharp. He stopped playing for a while and outgrew them long before their time. Never even had to change the wheels on them, and that's playing outdoor.

My Zoom Airs had a plastic frame. They actually held up fairly well. See the shape of the front wheel hole on that frame in the pic? they used to have the rockering spacer that you put in there, or if you preferred, you could put one in for a flat profile. The rear wheel had the same thing, and iirc, mine even came with a brake. That thing was off before I got out of the store.

My brother had the black ones with copper trim and aluminum chassis. By that point I was on my third pair of Missions, and sold on them. Still, those skates were very sharp. He stopped playing for a while and outgrew them long before their time. Never even had to change the wheels on them, and that's playing outdoor.

My Zoom Airs had a plastic frame. They actually held up fairly well. See the shape of the front wheel hole on that frame in the pic? they used to have the rockering spacer that you put in there, or if you preferred, you could put one in for a flat profile. The rear wheel had the same thing, and iirc, mine even came with a brake. That thing was off before I got out of the store.

Yeah those rocker things were a major design flaw, because that was the one plastic part that always broke and was vital. They were hard to replace too.

After thinking about it mine may have been Nike Air Pursuit instead of Zoom but I don't really remember. They were cool though. One thing I do remember was the padding was real thick in the ankle area and the ankle area of the skate was extremely stiff. My younger brother was still in school when I gave them to him and he was a big Red Wings fan so he instantly fell in love with them. He used to have a Federov poster hanging in his room with Federov wearing all Nike gear and the white and silver Nike skates. It looked pretty sharp.

Also, sorry in advance if I spelled Federov wrong....Thats a tough one.

Rick Henry

After thinking about it mine may have been Nike Air Pursuit instead of Zoom but I don't really remember. They were cool though. One thing I do remember was the padding was real thick in the ankle area and the ankle area of the skate was extremely stiff. My younger brother was still in school when I gave them to him and he was a big Red Wings fan so he instantly fell in love with them. He used to have a Federov poster hanging in his room with Federov wearing all Nike gear and the white and silver Nike skates. It looked pretty sharp.

Also, sorry in advance if I spelled Federov wrong....Thats a tough one.

Rick Henry

No you spelt it right

Do you guys remember the commercials they had for these things! They were the best! One of them had a goalie trying to rob a bank with his skate because he was getting scored on too much because of Federov (or some other nike player) and his "shiny new nike skates"! They had a ton of different ones. I would love to see them again. I think they also had one where Beezer was trying to run over people in his porsche???

Aren't the 2 kids in #1 the guy from "American Pie" (the geeky one who bangs Stifler's Mom) and one of the guys from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" ?