Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

New Rink Rat Wheel?

I have never gotten a response from Mike at Rink Rat who said in one of these threads he would take care of us grrrrr....

Saba,

Just email me buddy! Mhunt@mearthane.com!

I'll take care of you!

Mike

The Tri pour that your talking about is actually the Tri Duro set up that we recommended. 80a on te back wheel, 78A in the middle and 76A on the front!

You guys will be the first to know if something new comes out of the Rink Rat camp!

Thanks guys!

Michael Hunt

Rink Rat

If these are the ones you're talking about they're the 2006 model:

RRHW6-BS.JPG

Okay, so we must be a bit behind in the UK, as I've only seen these wheels later end of December.

It's funny though I'm around 12-13 stone, my wheels last longer than most others that use Rats in the same hall & of a lesser wieght. My guess is it's because I stop with my weight two feet rather than all on one.

Oh, I also skate or play at least 12hrs a week...

Shaun.

If these are the ones you're talking about they're the 2006 model:

RRHW6-BS.JPG

Okay, so we must be a bit behind in the UK, as I've only seen these wheels later end of December.

It's funny though I'm around 12-13 stone, my wheels last longer than most others that use Rats in the same hall & of a lesser wieght. My guess is it's because I stop with my weight two feet rather than all on one.

Oh, I also skate or play at least 12hrs a week...

Shaun.

Its possible you've seen them before, the black and silver are really hard. Harder enough for me to use outdoors without any problems.

But these are the "soft" version of those wheels:

RRHW6-GY.JPG

I think the Rink Rat Hot Shots are a better wheel though... and cheaper.

I do not think that the color and duromater are related....I believe both "colors' come in various durometers, at least that used to be true with earlier Hornets we used. Maybe that has changed in the last two years.

The only wheels that were made in different colors were those ones that came on skates. What i mean is, there is only one color per durometer, unless the skate manufacturer wanted a different color to come with their skates. however this year, i don't think they're even doing that anymore.

i.e. nike hi-ho silver II's came with gold colored hornets that were not available for retail. junior size ccm pf8's came with lime green hot shots that were also unique.

I do not think that the color and duromater are related....I believe both "colors' come in various durometers, at least that used to be true with earlier Hornets we used. Maybe that has changed in the last two years.

Duramters on Rink Rats atleast are distinguish by different colors. Not sure about other companies though.

Rink Rat Hot Shot:

RRHSW-RD.JPG

RRHSW-OG.JPG

RRHSW-S.JPG

76A - Red

78A - Orange

80A - Silver

Rink Rat Hornet:

RRHW6-GY.JPG

RRHW6-BS.JPG

76A - Green/Yellow

78A - Purple/Gold, Black/Silver

80A - Blue/Red, Black/Gold

Rink Rat MB816 Hockey Wheels Micro Hub:

MB816-RW.JPG

MB816-BY.JPG

MB816-SY.JPG

76A - Red/White

78A - Blue/Yellow

80A - Silver/Yellow

Rink Rat World Cup Outdoor Hockey Wheels

RRWW-big.jpg

Outdoor 84A hardness

Pretty sure that covers it.

I cant seem to use rink rats they constantly rip on me. i play twice a week on sports court indoor floors!

Dat,

That just saved me an hour of work!

Thanks Brother!

Michael Hunt

P.S. Nice job!

Don't thank me, thank inlinewarehouse.com, their site blows every other one out of the water. All of the info is available on their site unlike alot of the other ones.

I love the Rink Rat Hornets 76A fore indoor play on painted cement. But now that i am goning to be playing on a sprung frame are the 76A´s to soft? I think i read it in the sprung tread but thats to long to read again.

Mike did you get my email? as anyone else had their emails responded to?

I have not heard back from RR after I was told they would "take care" of me. I have sent 2 PMs, and 2 emails no response at all. Just empty promises at this point.

Scott

I have been using sprungs and hornets and you can get away with using a harder wheel without sacrificing grip.I use 76,78,80,80,on sport court at 190lbs there fast,durable,and stop on a dime. Truly an awesome combo.

Maybe more people should stop leaching off the system. It just seems ridiculous to expect someone to bend over backwards to replace your product for free. Im sure there are some defects out there, it happens. But every wheel has a lifespan, to expect a replacement because you tore a chunk out of your wheels is leaning towards ridiculous. The same can be said for sticks, sure if you just bought a new stick and your first shot it snaps like a tooth pick.. by all means send it back. If you've used the stick for 20 games and it finally breaks its a bit extreme to expect a new one as replacement for the "defective product".

Im sure Mike facilitates as many people as possible along with Rink Rat as a hole but sometimes you need to suck it up. Wheels are probably the most abused piece of equipment, if they break or wear down, buy some more.

My wheels broke in the 1st skate in the first ten minutes I was on the court and I expect more durability out of a $10 wheel. With that said Mike did respond to me recently and instructed someone to send out some replacements. If that comes to fruition remains to be seen, but IMHO Rink Rat still puts out the best wheel and is my wheel of choice in all my skates

I remain loyal to Rink Rat but I do expect them to stand behind their products....I see nothing wrong with that

Maybe more people should stop leaching off the system. It just seems ridiculous to expect someone to bend over backwards to replace your product for free. Im sure there are some defects out there, it happens. But every wheel has a lifespan, to expect a replacement because you tore a chunk out of your wheels is leaning towards ridiculous. The same can be said for sticks, sure if you just bought a new stick and your first shot it snaps like a tooth pick.. by all means send it back. If you've used the stick for 20 games and it finally breaks its a bit extreme to expect a new one as replacement for the "defective product".

Im sure Mike facilitates as many people as possible along with Rink Rat as a hole but sometimes you need to suck it up. Wheels are probably the most abused piece of equipment, if they break or wear down, buy some more.

My wheels like Saba broke on their first skate. I am not looking for a free handout but I have been using RR's for many years. Spending an extra $70+ on wheels because of a manufacturing defect I believe should be covered by the company that made the wheels.

My wheels like Saba broke on their first skate. I am not looking for a free handout but I have been using RR's for many years. Spending an extra $70+ on wheels because of a manufacturing defect I believe should be covered by the company that made the wheels.

$70? Where are you getting your wheels? A full set of Hot Shots can be had for $45-$50 in most places. Unless that price is canadian.