Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Itech HX50 visor

Has anyone tried this visor out? It is the one all of the CHL players use. On Itech's site it says:

"- "Nose cut" lens for improved breathability

- Wire frame for improved ventilation"

My biggest problem with all other shields I have tried (Oakley, Itech pro wave half) is that they fog up way too much on the ice because of my breathing. I am hoping that the HX50 visor doesn't fog up as much....

Here's a pic of it -

HX50.jpg

how close to your face were your visors you had before?

i've found that changes things a lot. i use just a crappy RBE II or whatever and really don't have any issues. i did for about the first week, then slid the visor out a little bit and that fixed it.

i don't see how the wire cage on top would help anymore then having an open space...

The screws are about in the middle of the slots....so it's not too close or too far from my face. I suppose I could try pushing it as far forward as I can....or keep a towel on the bench ;)

I've used this shield since I was 16 (2 years now) and even considering the price it's one of the better investments I've made. I've never had a problem with fogging on the ice, during play or on the bench. Only issue I had and it's a problem that'll happen with them all is that with how far out it is from your face, theres still a lot of room for sticks coming up near my eyes especially around the boards grinding. If you buy these you might also wanna buy a replacement packs just in case for a quick change. All in all a good buy if your looking for a half

Yeah, the sticks coming up under it is my other issue....I play with a lot of idiots who don't know how to keep their sticks down, so I could see a stick riding up under the visor. I already have one messed up eye...can't afford to have the other get messed up too.

But I guess I run that risk with any visor on the market.

I have this visor and the only problem I have had with it is finding replacement shields. I just had to order a pair online b/c nobody near me carried them which is funny considering that I bought it at a LHS.

I have this visor and the only problem I have had with it is finding replacement shields. I just had to order a pair online b/c nobody near me carried them which is funny considering that I bought it at a LHS.

Any problems with fogging and/or sticks coming up underneath it?

Not a big problem with fogging or sticks. You are always going to have the possibility of sticks coming up underneath with any visor but that's why we skate with our heads up:-)

I actaully prefer that it sticks out further than most visors because it gives me a larger buffer zone between sticks and my face.

As far as fogging goes, I have had the same visor for about two years and it has only recently started to fog up on a regular basis. When it starts to fog, I just throw some shampoo on it and then wipe it off. works like a charm every time.