Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rawls

Socket wrench size for changing runners in CCM E-Pro holders

Sorry if this is a topic that's been addressed ad nauseum... I searched and came up with one result that seemed relevant and it said that an 8mm socket wrench is the size I need (along with a flat head screwdriver, of course)to change runners. The skates are CCM Vector 10.0-- I don't own any socket wrenches, believe it or not, so I want to make sure I'm buying the right set. Thanks in advance

You can most likely buy a single driver at a local hardware store if you're only looking to get a set for the sole purpose of changing runners.

It will run you $2-5 and look like a screw driver handle with an integrated socket end. Much more economical and easier to keep in your bag to tighten your holders at the rink than a whole socket set

The true size is actually 5/16th's which is very close to 8mm but a slightly better fit. Be careful if you buy a nutdriver to use for this because one of the bolts is usually close to one side of the recess, & a nutdriver sometimes has a larger outside diameter that won't allow you to get onto the hex. A better solution might be to buy a better quality single socket & a simple driver for that socket.