Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jakedajewler

Problem with Stick Plugs

Hey peeps, i have a innovative true 1 and i have a wooden plug in the top of it and it keeps coming loose after every game/practice i've taken it out and tried more glue that didnt' work, i also bought a new plug and tried that but the same result I don't find it really affects my shot it's just an annoying uncomfortable feeling in the palm of your hand, anyone else have this problem? anyone know what i can do to fix it?

Hey peeps, i have a innovative true 1 and i have a wooden plug in the top of it and it keeps coming loose after every game/practice i've taken it out and tried more glue that didnt' work, i also bought a new plug and tried that but the same result I don't find it really affects my shot it's just an annoying uncomfortable feeling in the palm of your hand, anyone else have this problem? anyone know what i can do to fix it?

- dont use too much glue, and let the plug cool off for a while. i mean like 5 hours. dont try to bend and wiggle it until it is perfectly fit

- if doenst help, make the plug somewhat wider (tape ie.)

- buy larger plug, and really RAM it in. i mean hitting it to the ground (it'll stay, but wont come off that easily in any case)

- dont use too much glue, and let the plug cool off for a while. i mean like 5 hours. dont try to bend and wiggle it until it is perfectly fit

- buy larger plug, and really RAM it in. i mean hitting it to the ground (it'll stay, but wont come off that easily in any case)

I split a shaft doing this.

I split a shaft doing this.

so did i. but in the blade end when fitting an .470 blade into .620 endure-shaft B)

Put a piece of tape going down each side of the part of the plug thats going in the shaft. Heat it up, jam it in. Should be ok.

I had a guy who wanted to return a stick because he broke it doing that.

i was encouraged to do that by my lhs B)

Put a piece of tape going down each side of the part of the plug thats going in the shaft. Heat it up, jam it in. Should be ok.

yea, heat the shaft properly to make it expand enough for the tape also so it doenst roll up

I have a TPS blade that keeps coming loose in my Ballistik shaft.

I don't have calipers to see how much of difference there is in hosel size, but Easton and Bauer blades never gave me trouble.

Any idea as to why my LHS is running out of Easton blades? I was going to get a Forsberg woodie, but had to settle for a similar TPS Messier (not and exact clone, but w/e) since they're out of stock on just about every Easton blade (except the regular hosel composites)

Is Easton switching over and not shipping out right now? The owner hasn't been in the LHS the last few times for me to ask.

I have a TPS blade that keeps coming loose in my Ballistik shaft.

I don't have calipers to see how much of difference there is in hosel size, but Easton and Bauer blades never gave me trouble.

Any idea as to why my LHS is running out of Easton blades? I was going to get a Forsberg woodie, but had to settle for a similar TPS Messier (not and exact clone, but w/e) since they're out of stock on just about every Easton blade (except the regular hosel composites)

Is Easton switching over and not shipping out right now? The owner hasn't been in the LHS the last few times for me to ask.

like a few people mentioned with the butt-ends.... give it a little wrap of tape, heat the shaft accordingly and slide it back in. Let it standing blade down for a while- to let any glue settle in toward the hosel. Later on, trim off any access tape, but leave the glue.

As far as Easton not shipping... I think it's just that time of year at local shops. With all the new product coming right around the corner, do they really want to stock up on last years stuff?