Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HTE__PL8

difference between round and squared blade tips

Round toes make it a bit easier to toe drag, square makes it easier to pull of the boards and block shots.

partially what chad said...but some people will find that a sq. toe actually makes it easier to toe drag and stickhandle because it allows more of the blade to actually touch the ice/puck. i hate it when people say this but its true about alot of equipment stuff...you really hafta try it and see what works best for you, personal preference, but it does let more blade touch the ice or puck.

Just speaking in generalities in my post but a square toe doesn't allow you to maintain contact on a toe drag. I'm not saying it can't be done but it actually makes it harder when you use a square toe, unless you put the toe on top of the puck or you lose contact and have to scramble to make contact again.

Having the entire blade on the ice isn't a toe drag. A square toe will force you to lift the blade off the ice and move it away from the puck.

It's in general the same debate as having a rocker on the blade and not. Having a rounded toe and a rockered blade allow you more versatility with the puck, as far as the angle of your blade in relation to the ground is concerned. It gives you more options with the puck, as opposed to defenders who, stereotypically, want to handle the puck at the same angle, read lie, and get pucks of the boards and aren't much concerned with being very versatile, read dangles) with the puck...