Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James

RBK 8k Skates

If you mean the 8kPump. The pump blows out, has happende to 40-50% of the players I have seen on them, and they are the most popular top-end skate around here by far.

Alot of people simply don't use the pump, so they don't notice the difference.

If you play outdoors forget the tri-di chassis, can't swap wheels since it uses 3 different sizes instead of 2 pairs or 4 straight. After some time the skate will rocker since the 1st and 4th wheels wear down faster than the 2 in the middle, and you can't swap em'.

But if you play indoors and don't use the pump feature, they are nice...

I have 'em and they are a nice skate. Have no problems with the pump and I've had them since they were released. Just make sure to deflate them after you skate and again before you put them on the next time and I think you'll be alright. The pump blow-outs could happen from user error if they don't deflate them each time they use them. They have pretty good stiffness and do feel like pillows on your feet. Overall, just a really comfortable skate.

Thanks guys, I don't think that these are for me since I do play out doors. Could you guys recomend good out door skates?

If you play outdoors forget the tri-di chassis, can't swap wheels since it uses 3 different sizes instead of 2 pairs or 4 straight. After some time the skate will rocker since the 1st and 4th wheels wear down faster than the 2 in the middle, and you can't swap em'.

I use the 5k's outdoors, and don't see why the wheel size would be an issue. They make outdoor wheels in different sizes too :D I swapped out the stock Hot Shots with outdoor wheels in the Tri-Di setup easily.

I'm a big fan of the 5k's, BTW.

You can change wheels.... sigh.

But you can't interchange wheels because they were differently and there's 3 different sizes. You can't swap your 72mm front wheel with your 76mm middle wheels or 80mm 4th wheel, hence your skate is gonna rocker after you've weared down the wheels enough.

Yea I was used to changing wheels on the Hi-Lo because when I played roller about 3 years ago i always had to change wheels.