Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DDude26

DVD drive driving me nuts

Hello comp techs!

I took a dvd drive and cd-rw drive off my grandfather's computer which the power supply failed and I put it in our computer and the cd-rw drive works right but the dvd-rom won't work.

when i put in a dvd, it can't tell if its dvd or not so it says that its an audio cd and i tried to open it manually and play it in windows media player and still won't work.

I checked all of the drivers and other obvious stuff (region 1, codec, etc) and it still won't work.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

PS: it uses IDE technology!

What kind of DVD are you inserting? Try puttin in a couple of DVDs to see if it will be any different. Try using a non-video DVD like an install disc (make sure it is a DVD install disc and not a CD) and see if that works. Try to single out exactly what the problem is.

i've tried homemade dvds (HS hockey games) and real movie dvds (Rent, Friday Night Lights, etc.) and i don't have any dvd install disc handy.