Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Easton Zair Comp SE

Could anyone give me some information on the similarities/differences between Bauer Vapor XXs and Easton Zair Comp SEs. I'm talking in terms of fit, on ice performance, and stiffness.

Thanks in advance.

I've never tried the XX's but I've owned the Comp SE's for about a year now and I really like them. I played midget aa this year and was skating about 4 or 5 times a week, plus the outdoor rink, and the skates have held up great. The boot is as stiff as always, great support on the entire foot. The blades were much improved on this model than my old Z-airs so that was cool. They click every now and then but no major problems. The only thing that I really don't like is the tongue... it's just a little too bulky for my liking. If you get it in the right position it feels fine, but sometimes you just have to move it around a bit to make it feel good. I also skate in a pair of Graf 704's and the cut off the boot feels quite different, the graf feels like its pushing me forward a little bit more. All in all, I'm a big fan of these skates and I'm probly gonna keep buying Easton just because I'm used to the boot and feel of them. I wouldn't complain if i ever got a free pair of S500's or G35's though.

The 04s are not SEs, there is only the Comp model now and are much improved from the 03 SEs (SE was just a color). The tongue is smaller as well and you shouldn't experience the loss of support and stiffness as you do with the XXs, not to mention the 04 Comps are only slightly heavier, by about 20-30 grams over the XXs.