Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Juggling the puck

We all like to play with the puck on the blade and do wicked (or simple) stunts, so:

Whats in your repertoire and how to do them?

I actually did not spent too much time with that, i just cant do the basic one: Lifting the puck on the blade in the air and turning the stick around so that the blade turns 180 degrees and the puck is still on it.

Nothing too impressive, i know, but since its off season i want to learn some new.

If the blade turns 180 degrees doesn't that mean that the puck is in mid-air with the blade above it? If so thats a pretty impressive trick! :D

I like to put it on the toe and turn it over and move the blade of the stick about 5 feet straight down before turning it just before it touches the ground/ice and turn the blade. It looks cool because the blade is upside down for soo long, takes some good timing.

i can throw the puck up then catch it, if your gonna try to do it you have to "catch" the puck, not just leave the blade under it, because if you do the puck will simply bounce off

I can pick up the puck with the blade over it like when you're doing the Michigan, and twirl the blade around in the air 360 degrees either way. (kind of like in those Rob Schremp videos, except slower)

I can bounce the puck on the blade and shaft on average 20-40 times too.

I am obsessed with doing these little tricks with pucks, balls, even rolls of tape. With a puck I basically pick it up and do what Sven said twirl it around 180 degrees, was really bored one day and did it 84 times in a row :P . With a tape roll basically the same but once i pulled off a trick where I threw the tape up in the air as high as I could, as it came down I flipped my stick over and let the tape slide all the way down the stick (I was proud of myself :P ), it's hard to explain. I am probably best with a tennis ball, I can balance the ball on my stick forever and roll it down the shaft until it hits my hand, then when it hits I pop the ball back in the air and catch it on my blade again and repeat. One that is really hard to do is you hold your stick with 2 hands as if you were going to cross check someone, while doing this you balance the ball on your blade then throw it in the air, swing your stick around (kind of like a baton :P ) and hit the ball with your butt end then swing and hit with your blade and so on...

I love smarthockey balls because of that. I bounce the ball on the blade, on the shaft wide-wise and thin-wise... I also like catching the ball and just tossing it up and catching it again, then rolling it down the shaft to my hand. I'm trying to catch the ball on the shaft but that is really damn hard!!!

My best trick is I first pick the ball up and roll it around the blade, then bounce it on the blade, to the shaft, on the shaft inbetween my hands then back below my lower hand on the thin side... then back to playing catch on the blade then I throw it up in the air and hit it like a pool stick with the butt end of the stick.

I've been working on bouncing it side to side over my head(forehand to backhand, the blade is about 45 degree angle when it hits) but I can't get it more than a few times before I shank it.

I can bounce the puck more easily with a smarthockey ball, but it gets a bit boring. Those cool tricks, like Abbieshockey said, are whats so radical. Unfortunately, my hands arent soft ;)

I pokecheck the puck.

Every so often if the puck is on its side during warmups, I'll do a fake Michigan type of move, then lose the puck over the glass or something.