Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Coyotes get their man

Now if Gretz can move from behind the bench and up in the press box, the Yotes are on the right track.

I'm pretty excited to see the team next year. Some excellent youngsters are going to get a chance, and the Yotes have some money to burn in FA. Mr. Moyes wants a winner badly.

Maloney had a large part in the Rags turnaround these past 2 seasons, It will be interesting how Slats will fare without him.

+1 for mess stepping in.

You are too young to remember Phil Esposito moving into the Rangers GM job and all the great work he did to screw up the Rangers. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana, 1863-1952

You are too young to remember Phil Esposito moving into the Rangers GM job and all the great work he did to screw up the Rangers. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana, 1863-1952

I should have been a bit more clear in my previous post: I believe that Messier will take the position (or a similar one) within the organization. (as JR does)

I don't know how he's going to fare in that position, considering the fact that he has butted heads with his fair share of personnel in his day (both above and below him). Since he has so much history with Sather, I don't see him getting the job as any kind of challenge (since Dolan has no say seeing as he knows nothing and does nothing, thus giving Sather full reign). You're right, I don't remember Espo's stint as GM, but that doesn't mean I'm not wary of Mess in the front office.

I really thought Tambellini was going to get the Yotes job.

After some digging around today, it appears Maloney got the nod as Gretz reached back through his good old boy network...again. Based on nothing more than Sather's 'glowing recommendation', Maloney gets the gig.

I can't really critique Maloney one way or another until he starts making moves. Barnett was on the right track, after some highly questionable years, and I think if anywhere - the immediate change was needed behind the bench.

Exactly what it was - Cheveldayoff has done a great job for years in Chicago and Weisbrod is a no-nonsense guy - did a great job for us but will unfortunately be remembered for trading McGrady - McGrady quit on the Magic and Weis wanted no part of that. He was a hockey guy asked to run a basketball team. Yet those guys don't get a chance.

A guy on my Myspace page posted that Jim Shoenfeld is a candidate as well as Graves.

If Mess doesn't like it, Graves would be a really good idea IMHO. I dunno if Slats would like hiring a guy he knows wants his job (Mess)...unless he wants out in a couple of years anyway.

That's what the Daily News said. It's pretty much up to Mess, but Schoeny and Gravy are in the mix as well.

Well, isn't Slats NYR president for life?

As long as he keeps giving Dolan those late night reach-arounds, I would think his job is safe.