Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior acquires MIA

This is a no-brainer for Warrior. The NHLers in MIA gloves get new gloves next season branded as Warrior with a tweak here and there. Kovy and one of the Sabres(Vanek?) were about the only guys using Warrior gloves last season in the NHL. There were a respectable number of pros in MIA last season. Its a win-win for both companies in terms of Warrior exposure and market category penetration and business sense for the MIA guys. I'm sure the MIA guys got a decent chunk of change for their trouble.

Slava Kozlov and Brendan Witt (i think) too but thats about it

It seems that it looks as if they were already together because on there website in the pics the players have warriors and not the MIA sticks.

From what i understand MIA sticks never really took off because the manufacturer who made the sticks for MIA tended to put them at the bottom of their priority list. MIA wasn't selling a lot of sticks and they had a lot of problems getting a reasonable turn around time. The manufacturer constantly delayed their product because they weren't making as much money off of MIA as they were other companies who ordered larger quantities. This was really out of their hands, and last I had heard, MIA was going to abandon their one piece stick line.

No idea who the manufacturer was though.

TBL : I thought you were interested in the Warrior Afanasenkov pro-stocks? Last week I found a supply near me, but they're a little too curved / not stiff enough for me

The curve is what I'm after, I couldn't care less about their little rebranded stick. I've gotten a few pms from users that have found the Affy pro stocks, $150 is just more than I'm willing to pay for a pro stock stick.