Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trogdor

is it me

hello there i was just wondering i have bought 2 macdaddys over the past 2-3 months and ive ended up breaking both of them in the same exact spot and im just wondering if any one else has had this problem

it would help if you told us where they're breaking.

it could be your technique, or just a flaw in the design. I haven't heard/read much about macdaddys in terms of them breaking in the same spots.

hah oops my bad well they are breaking about 5 or so inches from where the blade is

That region seems to be the constant for all OPS. if you look at alot of them, they are quite poorly constructed in these areas.

Mainly because they're fused "OPS." I don't know if this is the case with the MacDaddy though; if its a true one piece stick, then we shouldn't be having this problem in theory.

That region seems to be the constant for all OPS. if you look at alot of them, they are quite poorly constructed in these areas.

Hard to believe it's that they're all constructed poorly as they are contructed in different ways.

Mainly because they're fused "OPS." I don't know if this is the case with the MacDaddy though; if its a true one piece stick, then we shouldn't be having this problem in theory.

The shaft of the mack is one piece, not fused.

More often than not, the problem is in the hands of the user or the abuse they get from other players.

the transitonal area between blade and shaft is a weakspot on any OPS I have picked up. It is the only place I have seen one break, and I have seen alot of OPS.

had this problem when i tried to jump from a super short stick to a longer stick. It was all in technique. i.e. hit the ice a lot sooner than with a shorter stick. Went with a size between havent broke one since.

ooo but ive been using the same lenght in sticks for the past 2 years ( i dont grow much) but yeah idk it could be me my sticks take alot of abuse from either me taking slapshots all the time or blocking shots that hit the stick but its just akward that they broke in the same exact spot