Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Racer8

t'blade tear alert

I went to remove my t'blades from my boots and I noticed a two inch crack along the inside heel of the right skate high up on the blade holder where the holder meet the rivets. What would be a tower on a regular blade holder. I hadn't removed any of the rivets or cooper so I know it wasn't from a hammer or machine. Must have been wear and tear. Blade holders break, or course, but I was wondering if anybody else has broken a t'blade holder, and how long did it last? Mine, two years of 10-11 month a year skating. Also, somebody told me that when t'blade blades break they sound like breaking glass and explode into fragments. I have yet to experience a broken t'blade blade and neither has anybody else I know. How about you guys?

I have never seen a t'blade holder or runner or stabilizer break around here. And we have a ton of t'blade users in Germany (obviously).

Chadd once reported that he sees broken t'blades on a regular basis.

Prolites still break a lot more but given the fact only a couple people around here use t'blades and even fewer get in the way of a shot, I'm not impressed.

Prolites still break a lot more but given the fact only a couple people around here use t'blades and even fewer get in the way of a shot, I'm not impressed.

I agree with Chadd, I never trusted the tblade system. I just cant bring myself to trust a holder with 6 holes in it.

I'm still a fan of the t'blade system and I'm going to replace my broken holder. Weird that Chadd sees breakage and Hockey Shark doesn't. I'm still curious about the breaking blades.