Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjobity

Danton Pleads Guilty

EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (AP) - Former St. Louis Blues player Mike Danton admitted Friday that he sought to have his agent killed as part of a plot that unravelled when the would-be hit man turned out to be a police informant.

TSN

The tsn.ca article said part of the plea agreement was that the name of his intended victim would remain secret. I'm sorry but Danton has to be one of two things (or possibly both): the biggest idiot on the face of the Earth, or a seriously emotionally disturbed man with the intellect of a five year old and needs a lot of help. This guy stopped speaking to his family because of David Frost, and now lost everything that he has worked for: his career, money, fame, and whatever else comes with the life of an NHL player. And still he insists on protecting that greasy bas***d who helped put him in this situation. If I were in Danton's situation, and I would have to plead guilty, I would make sure that EVERYONE knew who my target was and why I resorted to trying to have him killed for all of the abuse that he put me through. Oh well, I guess we can all look forward to the TV movie about this that's bound to be made one day.

True, but Danton is the only one of Frosts "boys" that made the NHL. He was Frost's meal ticket. Most of the other guys have since gotten away thank God. Its a real shame for Danton, I really feel sorry for him. I get sick when I think of how much of Danton's money Frost has pocketed for himself. I think that Danton is going to end up on the streets after serving his time, I really do, unless he gets help and goes back to his real family...

Jail might be exactly what Danton needs. This way he will not be able to contact or be contacted by Frost for a good 5-10 years. Ideally, he'll be able to get things sorted out by himself, without the "help" of Frost.

I'm waiting for the "putting him in jail will not accomplish anything" posts.....

Actually, probably needs mental help more than hard time. Though if he had found a willing accomplice someone would be dead, jail time is in order.

Last time I checked, he tried to hire someone to kill his agent. Now, its a foregone conclusion that anyone who commits or tries to commit murder has something wrong upstairs, but again, you need to pay the price for your actions.

If Danton's case isn't the result of something mental, then I don't know whose is. Hes messed up, and sometimes mental health, like Chadd said, is a better alternative than pound me in the ass federal prison for the person in the long run.