Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosskore

Vector Pros, 7.0 and 6.0

iam looking into the ccm vector series. I know my local store only has either the pro's, 7.0 or 6.0, but I dont remember witch one. I was wandering if anyone knows if there is a signinficant differance between these skates. I already looked on the site and they seem to be the same to me.

Obviously the Pro is better because its the top of the line ccm skate. So since the 7.0 and 6.0 arent top of the line skates, should I go with a bauer or graf top of the line skate instead of the 7.0/6.0 if they dont have the pros? Or is the differance not big enough to make such a factor?

Keep in mind, I dont know what skates fit,so just assume they all fit.

it really depends on what you need in a skate. the skates differ in that the lining is different in each one, the vector pro has a slightly different lining, the quarter material is slightly different (the metal meshy stuff).

obviously the vector pro is top of the line but it depends whether you really need added features and really need to shell out the extra $$

Keep in mind, I dont know what skates fit,so just assume they all fit.

I don't think that is a good assumption. If the Vector 6.0s fit your foot, stiffness likes/requirements, and budget then you're going to be much happier with the Vectors as opposed to a Vapor XX that kills your feet and makes you focus on your feet not the play, or has you hunched over grinding your teeth on the bench. Once you try on every different model in your size at your lhs that fits your needs then this will make sense. Different skate models fit differently. Some will fit your foot better than others.

If you have to get skates tomorrow then try this: Go for a 15-20min run in the morning. This will swell your feet up like they will be in the afternoon and during practice/games, assuming you practice in the afternoon. Yes, feet swell during the day as you use them. Then go to you lhs bright and early and try on skates. Narrow your selection down to a few pairs then post your options. After that go back to you lhs, try the selected pairs on again, and decide from there. Skates are you most crucial piece of equipment so don't get a skate that doesn't fit. The difference in skate models is a moot point if the skates don't fit.

I realise that its all about hat fits. The only reason I said "assumethye all fit" is because I didnt want somone posting a reply that said "What ever fits". Because that doesnt really answer my question. However, you reply was very helpfull, especailly the idea to walk a bit so my feet swell up, I never thought of that. I'll have to do that for sure, because I know how important skates are, It would REALLY suck to think you got a pair that fit, then play in your first game and find out they dont.

i can't say you to go with another compagny because i never tried other compagny since i'm skating loll*EDIT*I'm talking about CCM:huh:

but for the difference with each other:

PRO:stiffer boot,carbon outsole and the metallic flashy(side of the boot)

7:less stiffer,composite outsole and still metalic but diff. material

6:less stiffer,plastic outsole,imitation (nylon) side of vector pro

Yeah, pretty much what CobraAA said. Generally, the more money you pay for a skate the lighter it is, better outer sole for energy transfer, stiffer, and has a better liner. The high end Vectors have an antibacterial liner which I'm intrigued by. What level do you play at and how big are you? Also, are you growing? These are all questions that should be considered.

I played AAA this summer, My feet have stopepd growing, I had my last pair of skates for 3 years, iam 6'0 160lbs. Iam moving so I cant say what level I will play at where Iam moving, but hopefully the same level I played at here.

Just because your feet have stopped growing don't overestimate the durability of top-end skates. Especially if you're playing AAA and putting mileage on your boots.

Don't keep in mind that they are "top of the line" because that will influence your decision, even though it may not be the right choice for you.

The local shop i work at carries the Vector Pros and the Vector 6.5 which is a THG model(special makeup/smu). There is a noticable weight difference between them, the pro obviously being lighter. The Pro has a bit better liner inside imo, the bottom of the boot isnt made of carbon like the pros, that's one of the reasons why the pros are lighter.

The advantage the THG 6.5's have over 6.0's is that the outsole of the boot is made of fiberglass, while the 6.0s are made of plastic i believe.

If you have a THG dealer around you, the 6.5s and 7.5s give you some 'in between' options to look at. We only carry the 6.5s RIGHT NOW, so i havent really had any hands on experience with the 7.5s.

Good luck.

Most of the time the second tier model like the 7.0 is the best mix of quality and value. Don't be afraid of buying something that isn't teh most expensive model, you may be very pleasantly surprised.

I'll give you guys a full report on the 7.0 tomorrow night. Playing a few summer league games to get them broken in. Can't wait.