Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whjs416

HELP WITH BLADE

whats up i have a mission ion 85 flex shaft and i am looking to get a blade. i am haveing a hard time lifting my shot with a jagr curve, now i know its prob just the way i am shooting mainly im looking for something lightweight and durable with a good curve.

i have only been playing hockey for 3 years and i have always used the koho crossover jagr curve wood blade witch i like the curve but i think its time to try something differ and lighter so prob composite

CCM V20 or V40 in the Thornton curve I use for inline. It is a fairly large mid/toe curve. That should definately give you a hand in lifting the puck.

From what I have seen and heard from the guy who has it on my team, it is a very solid blade. Used it in warmups and it had good feel. Can't comment on durability quite yet. The guy just got it ~5 games ago

yea i used it last night and i love it it is so much lighter than the koho blade i had. the curve is perfect and i was actually able to lift a few shots would recomend to anyone looking for a solid blade.

I really, really, really like the RBK 1k (wood) and 3k (composite) blades. I got a whole season out of the 3k blade-on the floor about 7 hours a week. I use the Amonte curve, which reminds me a lot of the old Montreal "Euro" curve.

whats up i have a mission ion 85 flex shaft and i am looking to get a blade. i am haveing a hard time lifting my shot with a jagr curve, now i know its prob just the way i am shooting mainly im looking for something lightweight and durable with a good curve.

Your problem is most likely one of poor technique. Unless you have a problem with the lie of your blade, you should talk to a coach and ask for some pointers.

Your problem is most likely one of poor technique. Unless you have a problem with the lie of your blade, you should talk to a coach and ask for some pointers.

Indeed. That Jagr curve is one hell of a banana.

i know alot of my prob is technique but i just felt so much more comf. using the new blade. i think evryone con agree going from a wood to a composite is a nice change in terms of weight

i know alot of my prob is technique but i just felt so much more comf. using the new blade. i think evryone con agree going from a wood to a composite is a nice change in terms of weight

My custom wood blades are the same weight as my composite blades and the wood has much better feel. The only saving grace for the composite blades is the durability.

My original point was simply that a little instruction and practice is often far better than trying to take a shortcut, like changing blades or shafts.