Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nsabino

CCM Vector 10's

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a pair of CCM Vector 10's. I've been looking around but I can't seem to find much user info about this skate. My questions are the following: How is the skate with regards to durability, comfort, type of fit and performance. What would be an alternative high end skate to the CCM Vector 10?

Thanks in advance,

Nelson

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a pair of CCM Vector 10's. I've been looking around but I can't seem to find much user info about this skate. My questions are the following: How is the skate with regards to durability, comfort, type of fit and performance. What would be an alternative high end skate to the CCM Vector 10?

Thanks in advance,

Nelson

Nelson

i have owned a pair of the ccm pf 10's(not vector 10.0) but absolutely loved the skate-stiff, light and pretty durable-lasted a couple of seasons. Fairly narrow heal and avg. width in the forefoot. More narrow overall than the externo line of skates. The wheels and bearings on that model were not all that great although I am a fan of rink rat wheels-just not blue flame wheels. I have since switched to mission quatro's 9500 and like them a lot. Thinking of purchasing the wicked 3's when they go on sale or wait for the 08 models.

I'm currently in a pair of Vector 10.0's. Had them about a year. No durability issues. Comfort is good- ankle pacs are substantial and I have no complaints with the rest of the boot. This obviously will vary from person to person and foot to foot. It's a solid boot that I have been very pleased with. Lightweight and supportive. My only complaint is the teal trim. Although it’s grown on me somewhat, the 8.0 is what the 10.0 should look like. The best way to figure out if these are right for you is to get fitted at your LHS

I'm currently in a pair of Vector 10.0's. Had them about a year. No durability issues. Comfort is good- ankle pacs are substantial and I have no complaints with the rest of the boot. This obviously will vary from person to person and foot to foot. It's a solid boot that I have been very pleased with. Lightweight and supportive. My only complaint is the teal trim. Although it’s grown on me somewhat, the 8.0 is what the 10.0 should look like. The best way to figure out if these are right for you is to get fitted at your LHS

My lhs doesn't carry any CCM's, although I currently have a pair of PF8's so in terms of comparison I'm wondering if the fit is somewhat similar? With regards to the break in period how long does it take? Comfortable right out of the box? Thanks alot for your help.

Break in was pretty quick maybe 2-3 skates before I stopped noticing that "new boot feel" . One heel gave me a bit of trouble until re-baked, but the issue was likely my foot not the boot. The PF8 boot appears to be based on the Vector Pro, which is slightly different from the Vector 10.0, but probably not drastic enough where if one fits the other will give you problems.

Thanks in advance,

Nelson

Nelson

i have owned a pair of the ccm pf 10's(not vector 10.0) but absolutely loved the skate-stiff, light and pretty durable-lasted a couple of seasons. Fairly narrow heal and avg. width in the forefoot. More narrow overall than the externo line of skates. The wheels and bearings on that model were not all that great although I am a fan of rink rat wheels-just not blue flame wheels. I have since switched to mission quatro's 9500 and like them a lot. Thinking of purchasing the wicked 3's when they go on sale or wait for the 08 models.

Hi, thaks for your input. I'm also open to possibly purchasing a pair of wicked's but due to the fact that I'd have to purchase them online and don't have a way to try the boot, I'm concerned about getting a pair that's the wrong size. I don't know if you can help me on this but here is my question. I wear a size 6.5 CCM, what would be the equivalent in the Mission Wicked line? another question is regarding to the type of fit of the Mission wicked line, are the narrower or wider than CCM Vector's? How about the depth of the boot? Deep or shallow? I know these are quite a few questions and my best option would be try them on, but I live in Portugal and Missions aren't available here so I have to hope and pray a little and most of all expect that someone willing to help can help me out.

Thanks,

Nelson

played a pick up 3 on 3 with a guy who had the Vector 10's. He loved em.

I had the Vector 4's and they can skate themselves as far as im concerned. gave me all sorts of foot pain and toe numbness. not a stiff boot and not worth the $150 I spent on them. grabbed a pair of Bauer Vapor 2 EE's off of eBay and haven't looked back.

so as far as i've heard the Vector 6.0 and up are good to go. a buddy has the 6's and had some blistering but say's they're comfortable otherwise.